More thoughts on the Scenario Designers Guide

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No more need for "official" scenarios...Tate is here!

if MMP didn't want to publish them I could put them up for free download (or e-mail attachment). I wouldn't use CR'ed layout or graphics (unless given permission).

You see, it is very, VERY easy to produce scenarios without stealing.
You would be stealing. With the internet flooded with free scenarios, there would no longer be a need to buy an MMP scenario any longer: just go download one of the hundreds, soon to be thousands, of free ones...some of which (only the best I'm sure ;)) would be provided by Tater!

In fact, since they would all be free, they would more likely be accessed and played! That means that there would be more TPP scenarios being played than ever before imagined, forcing MMP out of the scenario publishing business for good! The only thing people would buy from MMP is parts. All because of you Tater, and your "innocent" free scenarios. You are a traitor to MMP! You have dishonored them and yourself! Fall on your sword!

And Pitman and Dorosh would share the blame for helping you. Like giving a criminal a gun and bullets before he steps out to rob MMP. Yes, like amoral arms merchants or drug dealers, Dorosh and Pitman don't care if their products are used for evil. They just want their filthy money.

You are all vile villians in this shameless shoplifting, and your depraved rationalizations for the varying levels of robbery you willfully engage in MAKES ME WANT TO VOMIT!!! :blab:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Tate, you play VASL right? You do realize your violating MMP's copyrights by playing and downloading VASL stuff right? So that right there make you Tate a thief.

BTW, I know alot of people enjoy VASL, I am just pointing out Tates flawed thinking about TPP and copyrights.

Scott

fwheel73

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Surely...

I for one am acutely aware of that; I had... [snip].

Nonetheless, if Mark's sales have gone up as a result of the discussion, then I think we have something known as "win-win." Frankly, I'm glad to hear that news.

For better or worse, my book enters the pantheon. Once it is in the hands of those who have ordered (and those to whom I've promised complimentary copies) we shall see if it sinks or swims. As an aside, if Mark would like a complimentary volume for his collection, I'd be happy to send him an autographed copy. His book is mentioned in my Acknowledgements as well as the list of resources in the appendices. If ASL has its own history (and thanks to Mark, its own comprehensive online museum), then if nothing else my attempt at literature can be considered a "historical curiosity" - rather than "just" a curiosity. :)
Michael & Mark,
Hey I like the idea of you guys trading books.... however, if Michael has bought Mark's book from LuLu.... would it not be appropriate for Mark to buy $20 of Michael's book... or at least make a donation to Michaels favorite charity if the trade takes place?;)

It might be ok to call for a :TRUCE:.

Best regards,:salute:
John

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: No more need for "official" scenarios...Tate is here!

ME WANT TO VOMIT!!! :blab:
Glennbo, just one question before we get back to the thread already in progress: why are you always talking about vomit lately?

Guide looks good, Mr. Dorosh!

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Official ASL Vomit Collection Lost Forever!

Glennbo, just one question before we get back to the thread already in progress: why are you always talking about vomit lately?
The shelf that held my ASL vomit collection in glass jars collapsed, and now I am vomitless. :cry: Thanks for caring. :)

Last edited:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tate, you play VASL right?
Yes...

You do realize your violating MMP's copyrights by playing and downloading VASL stuff right?
No, but I have just realized that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The word "ignorant" doesn't even come close.

So that right there make you Tate a thief.
Jeeez man, is your life so devoid of anything meaningful that you actually have to make up stuff like this to find any value in your existence. :nuts:

BTW, I know alot of people enjoy VASL, I am just pointing out Tates flawed thinking about TPP and copyrights.
BTW...you couldn't possibly be any more pathetic. The only flaw here is that they let your sorry a$$ back on the forum.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Am too...am not!

I finally relent, and engage you in your long sought after discussion with me about TPP, and this is all I get? :(
You're just such a sweet guy...I didn't have the heart. :love:

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Tate, you play VASL right? You do realize your violating MMP's copyrights by playing and downloading VASL stuff right? So that right there make you Tate a thief.

Scott
There is one slight problem with your argument Scott and that is the VASL link can be found on the MMP website as follows in MMP's own words

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/ASL/asl.php

VASL Virtual ASL. This is the definitive way to play ASL over the net, either in real-time or via email. Rodney Kinney has done an excellent job putting this service together.

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP has said publicly that as far as they are concerned, VASL is a Beta product that they are evaluating for potential future acquisition or some such to that effect. They have given it official blessing so players using VASL are not violating copyright law.

They would be violating the law if they were making electronic versions of the ASLRB or the scenarios and emailing them to people so they could play using VASL if they did not own them already (VASL assumes you own the scenarios in question and is why so many of them don't include all the info needed to play). In this instance you could actually be violating not just MMP copyright but TPP copyright if you are sharing their materials.

There is one slight problem with your argument Scott and that is the VASL link can be found on the MMP website as follows in MMP's own words

VASL Virtual ASL. This is the definitive way to play ASL over the net, either in real-time or via email. Rodney Kinney has done an excellent job putting this service together.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Thanks, Loquitor...I had forgotten all about the MMP approval/recomendation for VASL.

OK Holst, here is your chance to prove that you are indeed a "changed" man. Belly up to the bar and start drinking some "shut-up" juice (i.e., admit you are full of #@%& relative to VASL)...or...just remain your same old ignorant, pathetic and useless self.

The choice is YOURS...

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
OK Holst, here is your chance to prove that you are indeed a "changed" man. Belly up to the bar and start drinking some "shut-up" juice (i.e., admit you are full of #@%& relative to VASL)...or...just remain your same old ignorant, pathetic and useless self.
Have you ever admitted you were wrong? Just asking. -- jim

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
shut-up" juice (i.e., admit you are full of #@%& relative to VASL)...or...just remain your same old ignorant, pathetic and useless self.
Is this the set up to where you tell us how you hate CH.