The 2007 Gamesquad Chess Tourney Archives

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Foggy,

Just paste the PGN here (click 'View PGN for this game' and copy and paste it here). I'll do the rest.

Congrats!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this the game, foggy?

[Event "Casual Game"]
[Site "http://www.itsyourturn.com"]
[Date "2007.07.02"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Matthew Cox"]
[Black "kcdusk"]
[Result "1-0"]
[Ply "59"]

1. e4 e6 2. Qf3 Nf6 3. g4 Bb4 4. c3 Be7 5. h4 O-O 6. g5
Ne8 7. d4 f6 8. d5 fxg5 9. Qg4 gxh4 10. dxe6 dxe6 11. Nf3
Nf6 12. Qxh4 Na6 13. e5 Nd7 14. Qxh7+ Kf7 15. Rg1 Rg8
16. Ng5+ Bxg5 17. Bxg5 Nf8 18. Qh5+ g6 19. Qf3+ Ke8
20. Bxd8 Kxd8 21. Qf6+ Ke8 22. Bb5+ c6 23. Bxa6 bxa6
24. Na3 Nd7 25. Qxe6+ Kf8 26. Rd1 Nf6 27. Qxf6+ Ke8
28. Qd8+ Kf7 29. Qf6+ Ke8 30. Rd8# 1-0
Update:

Looks like we have a tie for the bronze medal! It all comes down to the games against Wayne!

Last edited:

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hey hey heeeey.

Cant we talk about Mats win in a smaller case lettering or something????

Seriously, our two games were ugly! I'll need to run both games through Chessmaster 9 or whatever i have, but from memory we both missed mate or check mate 2 or 3 times in our games. And thats not including one move that moved Mat to write me during our game explaining his last turn might have been the worst move of his life - and thats saying something because i was trying to bait Mat into talking Celtics basketball with no reply :)

Foggy

Reaction score
Hey hey heeeey.

Cant we talk about Mats win in a smaller case lettering or something????

Seriously, our two games were ugly! I'll need to run both games through Chessmaster 9 or whatever i have, but from memory we both missed mate or check mate 2 or 3 times in our games. And thats not including one move that moved Mat to write me during our game explaining his last turn might have been the worst move of his life - and thats saying something because i was trying to bait Mat into talking Celtics basketball with no reply :)
At least the Celtics will be interesting w/KG on board;) Anyone know Wayne's
IYT name?

kcdusk

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Agreed - go the Celts. I followed them since i was 7. I sent a couple of messages about lucking out with a top two pick, then tried to mention the Allen and KG trades just to get you to stop thinking chess for a minute on my games :)

Foggy

Reaction score
Agreed - go the Celts. I followed them since i was 7. I sent a couple of messages about lucking out with a top two pick, then tried to mention the Allen and KG trades just to get you to stop thinking chess for a minute on my games :)
Not to date myself but the Celtics won every championship but one till I was
10 years old - very spoiled:halo: The 1986 Celtics arguably were the best basketball team I've ever seen:D

Lurker

Reaction score
I'm guessing Wayne is on vacation - the odds of him trembling before playing us are quite remote:halo:
I think Wayne sometimes gets in over his head with too many CM games going at once and has little time left for chess.

I think he needs to get his priorities straight! :D ;)

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I got in touch with Wayne and he has resigned all his games. Thus, the final results are:

and

As you can see, there now exists a tie between Foggy and KC for third place! Do you guys want to have a play off for the bronze? If you do, let me know and I'll assign the White pieces randomly.

Foggy

Reaction score
Okay, I got in touch with Wayne and he has resigned all his games. Thus, the final results are:

and

As you can see, there now exists a tie between Foggy and KC for third place! Do you guys want to have a play off for the bronze? If you do, let me know and I'll assign the White pieces randomly.
Bummer - give KC the white in 1 game and let's finish it :)