Tabletop RPGs via Internet

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone tried any of the various online systems that are available for role-gaming via the Internet? I'm not talking about computer RPGs like Baldur's Gate, I'm talking about player aids that allow a group to play a tabletop RPG online. Anyone tried this?

There seems to be quite a lot of choices, so I can only assume there is a healthy community for online role gaming.

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the various online systems that are available for role-gaming via the Internet? I'm not talking about computer RPGs like Baldur's Gate, I'm talking about player aids that allow a group to play a tabletop RPG online. Anyone tried this?

There seems to be quite a lot of choices, so I can only assume there is a healthy community for online role gaming.
Don;

Could you list a few URL's aimed at what your refering to?

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

A couple of years ago I played an online campaign of Traveller using some sort of interface or another. It was a great time and gave me an opportunity to play a game that I would not have been able to otherwise.

Ben

L`zard

Strangely Deranged!
Reaction score
@Don and Leftie;

Thanks guys!

Theres a couple o' days viewing and thinking, LOL!

@Leftie: my ghod, I thought 'traveller' died back in the late '80's!!!!!!!!!

(large box of same, including self made maps, etc, still exists somewhere in my storage........would that THIS game made it to computer!)

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hmm I have actually never encountered anything like this before (I gotta get out more).

I guess the notions I heard connected with D&D 4th edition are not so weird or improbable then.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
From what I gather reading on the official D&D forums, it seems that WoTC may be laying the groundwork for the 4th edition to be more friendly toward online play. This is something GameSquad will look into and see if we can get some answers.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just wish they had left off those Youtube videos. God talk about professional disasters. I have never seen pros create worse looking crap in my life.