Is Wii still very difficult to get where you live?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Have you seen the Wii for sale where you live, or is it still very difficult to find?

Jim

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Its so difficult to find over here, my friend has been looking for just over a month now, using an Add on his web browser whcih told him when there was stock of Wii's in, he had 6 alerts but they were going so fast.

helpme!

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Wii is easy to find in calgary!
There was 6 last time I was in Walmart

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are none in Cleveland. If there are, they sell so fast that I don't ever see them. I have been looking for a friend of mine in Japan. He might have to just pick up a Japanese Wii. I am not sure if they will play American games though.

Ben

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm afraid they won't: the Wii's region-locked. Damn you, Nintendo! I want to play Bleach Wii.

I think availability's still quite bad here in the UK too: as far as i know most places are still sold out. And i bet places like GAME and Gamestation are taking preorders on their next shipments.

OG Loc

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I've bought the Wii on December 8th, pre-ordered...on December 7th (a very funny story) :D
Now I can assure you it's very difficult to find one :laugh:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I would expect them to become very easy to get within the next two months or so. To the best of my knowledge, the Wii doesn't have any of the complex production issues that the PS3 has.

lilninja

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well for every chance i've had over the past month i go to check at GAME.Gamestation,Currys,Comet and Argos and they neve have it and when they do its first come first served so they ran out in 3 seconds.

H][DE

Reaction score
Country
ll
there hasnt been any here since december

its like the psp release, near impossible to get and people will pay retarded amounts for a second hand one, then realise the games are **** and regret it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Extremely, the only place I get Wii constantly is EB Games in Oak Ridge Heights in a 50 mile radius from where I live.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I must live in a fluke of a retail zone.

I have not actually seen a PS3 or a Wii or a PSP or a DS ever actually totally unobtainable since day one of any of the 4.

Granted, I will admit that the next day after day one, some occasionally took a few days for the stores to get more.

But all my friends (who wanted things) have got the item(s) of their choice, and they've had them long enough that the initial buzz of getting one is now quite old news.

I wanted a DS, I went out and bought it, no hassle no waiting, no fuss (aside from deciding I could justify buying one).

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I wanted a DS, I went out and bought it, no hassle no waiting, no fuss (aside from deciding I could justify buying one).
Yeah I did that just decided on launch day to go and buy one.

Also got a psp but i lost the games :mad: