WinSPWW2 Tournament, The Phony War - (NOT ROOKIES)

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is the information concerning Round 1. It includes the OOB's, AND the instructions for the player to deploy his forces for the Mirrored Battle that he will be the Germans. The French player will go 1st in all battles. Each Player will need do this. If you have question please ask!!

TPW1 - In support of the Poles

France Assault - German Defend
September 1939
Visibility: 35
Length: 20

German forces are deployed by the Player.
Must be deployed any hex East of Franco-German Border (white X's)
1x Kommandeur
1x (sw) Inf Gruppe
1x MG08/18 MMG(1)
10x OrdnungsPolizei
2x Pzkw Ib (not to be deployed, will enter as reinforcements T3)
1x Bunker
2x Pillbox
3x Schutzbunker
3x Panzerbuechse
35x Build Points (25 Wire, 10 Mines)

French forces are deployed by the Umpire (same setup, each scenario).
1x Post Commande
34x Gpe Inf
2x Mortier de 60
4x Mortiers de 81
3x R-35 (enter as reinforcements T2)
1x Observateur
2x Morane MS 406 (enter as reinforcements T3)

German Player Instructions:
  1. Double Deuce will email players Scenario Files (.zip format).
  2. Players will save the scenario (both the .cmt and .dat) to their Scenarios folder.
  3. Start WinSPWW2 and go into the Editor.
  4. Load your copy of the Scenario #601-606 "TPW1 - In support of the Poles".
  5. Select "Deploy" for the German Player.
  6. Manually deploy, all German units (except the 2 Pzkw Ib's) in any hex East of Franco-German Border (white X's). Do NOT entrench any units. Make sure to set facing, range, etc.
  7. Deploy the following Build Points using the 'x' key (25 Wire, 10 Mines). They cannot be placed on any Objective Hex!
  8. Do not move any French forces or edit, modify any German forces! All you are doing is placing the German units where you want them to start.
  9. Once you have deployed your forces, Save the Scenario AND add your XG Username to the END of the title (after the :).
  10. Email the Scenario Files back to Double Deuce at tournaments@combat-campaigns.com.
Once I have the files returned for any set of Paired players I will create send out the actual Pbem Files.

We will use slots 3 (when you are the French) and 4 (when you are the Germans).

OBJECTIVE: Score as many points as you can! There are 17x50 point Objectives and 4x100 Point Objectives. At the end of each Round players will be awarded the equivalent of 1/20th of their End-Game scores (rounded up) in Battle Points on the ladder.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Files are going out today for those who have responded. I may have to redo some pairing. :nervous: right now we have 4 so if there are any other volunteers, please speak up.

Please read the information in POST#1 of this thread. It will explain to you the process you will need to follow to edit the scenario file and how and what to do for each step.

ALL Preferences will be left as they are in the file (everything ON except for "Fast Artillery").

Any questions please email me at tournaments@combat-campaigns.com.

Last edited:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I have received the files back for dita, John(txic) and tombell. I haven't checked them yet, hoping to do that later today.

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Mine will be in your mailbox on friday, thats when I get my laptop back.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I have received the files back for dita, John(txic) and tombell. I haven't checked them yet, hoping to do that later today.
I reviewed them and they look good. I'll try to get the Pbem files out for John(txic) and dita as soon as I can.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who is playing whom? Or are they "blind" matches?

Just curious.....
The matches for each round and players list is shown in the tournament pages. If you go to the Xtreme Area Ladder link along the upper screen menu bar (same bar as the User CP and search link) you will select the drop down box you will see the yournaments link. That will take you to the main tournaments opage. From there select "SP: World War 2". The select the The Phony War - WinSPWW2 [details] link. This will take you to the dedicated tournament page. Go to where it says jump to: and select the scenario you want to look into. 1st scenario would be "TPW1 - In Support of the Poles". Then if you look under Round 1 you will see the paired matches.

Here is the direct shortcut for the matches explained above - Round 1.

Scores and everything will be tracked on the tournament pages as things progress.

Vas FURY

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Ok, I still dont get this 'mirrored' term. Does it mean that each battle will be played by each player both as first one side and then the other side? i.e. I first play Dita (or someone) as Germans, and then after its done, i play him again as French?

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I believe that this first battle is played against him (DD). The next battles will be us playing against each others.

eh?

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, I still dont get this 'mirrored' term. Does it mean that each battle will be played by each player both as first one side and then the other side? i.e. I first play Dita (or someone) as Germans, and then after its done, i play him again as French?
I believe that this first battle is played against him (DD). The next battles will be us playing against each others.
Yes Vas, that is essentially correct. Each Round you play against your opponent 2 times and each round you play a different person. For Round 1 you will play once as the French, the other as the Germans. So you will have 2 Pbem's going with the same opponent, one game in slot 003, the other in slot 004.

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Yes Vas, that is essentially correct. Each Round you play against your opponent 2 times and each round you play a different person. For Round 1 you will play once as the French, the other as the Germans. So you will have 2 Pbem's going with the same opponent, one game in slot 003, the other in slot 004.
Ah yes indeed, that was the other alternative I had in mind...

I sent my setup yesterday BTW, I hope they got through (?).

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I had to change up some pairing to keep this rolling. Kaki is now paired against tombell for Round 1. Remember, every player will play a different player every round until they have all played each other one time. I may have to re-arrange matches for a round as players send in their files for me to generate the Pbem's to keep things rolling.

Each player will play as the Germans in a different slot so they are playing each game twice/mirrored (once as the French and once as the Germans).

Pbem files for kaki and tombell have been sent.

Any questions please continue to ask.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ALL files should be in play now. If anyone has issues please post so I can look into it.

Matches for Round 1 are;
  • kaki vs tombell
  • shortreengage vs Vas Fury
  • John(txic) vs dita

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have sent out the set up files for ROUND 2. Detailed instructions were included in the email. Just in case I am going to add them to this thread.

NOTE: The subject of the email includes the term "Rookies". Please ignore that, it's a typo. I copied the template form the other tourney running using the same format. :cry:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

WinSPWW2 Tournament, The Phony War - Round 2
Here is the information concerning Round 2. It includes the OOB's, AND the instructions for the player to deploy his forces for the Mirrored Battle that he will be the Germans. The French player will go 1st in all battles. Each Player will need do this. If you have question please ask!!

*TPW2 - Into the Reich*

France Assault - German Defend
September 1939
Visibility: 35
Length: 15

*German forces are deployed by the Player.*
Must be deployed any hex East of the White X's
1x Kommandeur
9x OrdnungsPolizei
3x Schutzbunker
2x MG34 MMG
3x Panzerbuechse
2x SdKfz ADGZ (Reinforcement T4)
25x Build Points (15 Wire, 10 Mines)

*French forces are deployed by the Umpire (same setup, each scenario).*
1x Post Commande
34x Gpe Inf
2x Mortier de 60
1x Char 2C
2x AMR-35 (enter as reinforcements T2)
1x Observateur
1x 75mm Gun Bty (Off-Board)

*German Player Instructions:*

1. Double Deuce will email players Scenario Files (.zip format).
2. Players will save the scenario (both the .cmt and .dat) to their Scenarios
folder.
3. Start WinSPWW2 and go into the Editor.
4. Load your copy of the Scenario #618-623 "TPW2 - Into the Reich".
5. Select "Deploy" for the German Player.
6. Manually deploy, all German units (except the 2 SdKfz ADGZ's) in any hex East of the White X's. Do NOT entrench any units. Make sure
to set facing, range, etc.
7. Deploy the following Build Points using the 'x' key (25 Wire, 10 Mines).
They cannot be placed on any Objective Hex!
8. Do not move any French forces or edit, modify any German forces! All you are doing is placing the German units where you want them to start.
9. Once you have deployed your forces, Save the Scenario.
10. Email the Scenario Files back to Double Deuce.

Once I have the files returned for any set of Paired players I will create send out the actual Pbem Files.

We will use slots 3 (when you are the French) and 4 (when you are the Germans).

* OBJECTIVE:* Score as many points as you can! There are 21x50 point Objectives. At the end of each Round players will be awarded the
equivalent of 1/20th of their End-Game scores (rounded up) in Battle Points on the ladder.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just an FYI for the players. Make sure you send the files to tournaments (at) combat-campaigns.com .