Broken Ground Design Thread

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Understood about the snow. I use only your counters for all my games...except winter ones. I use CH winter greatcoat or their snow cam ones for winter scenarios.

How about a countersheets of turn counters? Many people lament using the multi-nationality MMP ones. BFP has some that I use but they are not exhaustive. I am sure you know what I mean...German Balkankreuz on blue background and Russian red star on brown background on the other. So a turn counter for each country that fought another. I would love to see a Cdn Red Ensign on one side and a Balkankreuz (or SS runes) on the other for the Normandy battles! Then you could do some with certain AB divisions, FJ symbol, even certain Partisan units. Could likely all be done on one countersheet.
I already have a solution... ;)

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know you are doing a million things , but what about the Chaco War project?
I’ve been intrigued since seeing the ad…

Reactions: PTY

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know you are doing a million things , but what about the Chaco War project?
I’ve been intrigued since seeing the ad…
For the Chaco and the SAS projects, I have to get to the point of finding playtesters. Chaco needs some custom counters (currently using Italians+ and Axis Minor+). Playtesters will also need access to the new LFT Arid boards, as the Chaco pack is designed specifically with those in mind.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the Chaco and the SAS projects, I have to get to the point of finding playtesters. Chaco needs some custom counters (currently using Italians+ and Axis Minor+). Playtesters will also need access to the new LFT Arid boards, as the Chaco pack is designed specifically with those in mind.
Nice!
I’m not in a position to PT at the moment. But, if you need proofing, message me.

Reactions: PTY

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hmmm...why not make a full set of Fallschirmjaegers? Two countersheets with all MMC, leaders, unarmed MMCs (in distinctive shocks and helmets) and drop cannisters? I use the rules where the paratroops have separate canisters that fall, rather than just looking in any hex.
How about counters with snow smocks for winter scenarios? I guess too niche for those of us that buy everything?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Not taking away things from Alans excellent productions what you are asking for has already been done by , holds breath Sorry for mentioning on your thread Alan CH ….. nuff said !

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not taking away things from Alans excellent productions what you are asking for has already been done by , holds breath Sorry for mentioning on your thread Alan CH ….. nuff said !
I know...I have them. But I would replace them in a heartbeat with Alan's counters if he made them. BTW, CH did NOT include unarmed FJ MMCs.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yeah my bad I have the ones that came from VftT and another set cannot recall where I got those tho

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What are the stats for FJ counters, armed or unarmed?
Set out in A9.7

9.7 PRE-1942 GERMAN PARADROPS: 26 German paradrops prior to 1942 are made with Sticks containing partially-armed 5-4-8/2-3-8/2-2-8 squads/HS/crews. This partially-armed state is shown by placing any unused systems counter (Acquisition counters are recommended if not otherwise needed) over such a MMC. This systems counter gives the MMC a Strength Factor of 2-2-8 {8} if a squad (with no Assault/Spraying fire or smoke grenade capabilities), 1-2-8 {7} if a HS, or 1-2-8 {8} if a crew {broken morale level given in brackets}

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Set out in A9.7

9.7 PRE-1942 GERMAN PARADROPS: 26 German paradrops prior to 1942 are made with Sticks containing partially-armed 5-4-8/2-3-8/2-2-8 squads/HS/crews. This partially-armed state is shown by placing any unused systems counter (Acquisition counters are recommended if not otherwise needed) over such a MMC. This systems counter gives the MMC a Strength Factor of 2-2-8 {8} if a squad (with no Assault/Spraying fire or smoke grenade capabilities), 1-2-8 {7} if a HS, or 1-2-8 {8} if a crew {broken morale level given in brackets}
Errata: E9.7 ;)

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom