Nor'Easter XXVII March 23-26th 2023

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen, the Nor'easter is signing up. Sign up is possible at https://www.yankeegamers.org/noreaster/noreaster2023.php. Scenarios for the main tournament will not be available until January or so, possibly a little sooner, but December-January is the traditional time frame. Please sign up, we'll keep a light on for you :). More info as it rolls in.
Thanks,
Carl Nogueira

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello guys. Sign up continues for the Nor'easter Tournament which is occurring 3/23-3/26 in Fairhaven MA. Information can be found here Yankee ASL (yankeegamers.org).
Sign up is beginning to pick up, so come on down. We will have the usual open gaming all day Thursday for those looking to knock off that big scenario and Friday-Sunday is the main tournament as well as the minis. The scenario list is being worked on and is expected out in late December/early January. So come on out and have fun with people who can teach you how to say common phrases like "park your car" and common words like "getouttahere" properly.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The scenario list is up for the Nor'easter 2023 Main Tournament. You can find it here, as well as sign up here and download any of the scenarios being used that you may not possess. Yankee ASL (yankeegamers.org). The list is below:

Round 1
Friday Mar 24th, 2023 10:00am-4:00pm

ecz4Flash and Thunder
PK4Forest Brothers
Q16Defence Of St. Oedenrode
Q21Hold Pokhlebin!
YASL2Initial Skirmish
Round 2
Friday Mar 24th, 2023 5:00pm until you drop

ecz11Blood And Brine
HAZMO 10Fresh Grist
J197Death On The French Coast
J214Raff's Orders
B45Ted Wilcox Pack Things Are Hot
Round 3
Saturday Mar 25th, 2023 9:00am-4:00pm

AP165The Chocos
J203Death At The Cement Plant
J210Moment Of Truth
PK3Hot Toddy
Q9Long Day Of Confusion
Round 4
Saturday Mar 25th, 2023 5:00pm until you drop

FB118Teeth Of The Wolf
DB169Sternbeck's Sortie
J201Careless At Bakri
J208PanzerPioniere
YASL26Whiteout
Round 5
Sunday Mar 26th, 2023 9:00am-6:00pm

AP138Red Horse recon
ecz1The Bet
J199Too Rapid An Advance
J206Collect Call
J212Shoulder To Shoulder

Thank you very much folks and hope to see you there. If you have any questions, please IM me here or email me at carlhnogueira @ gmail.com Sit e for the tournament is: Yankee ASL (yankeegamers.org)
Carl Nogueira

Last edited:

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
Carl and the team, thanks for organizing the tournament. I understand the logistic was more challenging that previous years, but I did enjoy the games, the location and in particular the ASLers! It is quite a trip from Florida, but it definitely worth it. All my opponents were nice and friendly (only Ron on the last game was a little bit too tough with his dice.... joking... :), I hope to have the chance to repeat the experience next years. THANKS!

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Carl and the team, thanks for organizing the tournament. I understand the logistic was more challenging that previous years, but I did enjoy the games, the location and in particular the ASLers! It is quite a trip from Florida, but it definitely worth it. All my opponents were nice and friendly (only Ron on the last game was a little bit too tough with his dice.... joking... :), I hope to have the chance to repeat the experience next years. THANKS!
It was great seeing you, there! And as I asked a crew of guys on Saturday Night, is it really an ASL Tournament if you don't hear Ron complaining? :)

mallexen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great blog entry, von Garvin!

You can read about the first NorEaster here:
If you visit, there are multiple tabs on that page which link to pictures and text AARs.

The idea of the NorEaster started the year before. I think Carl Nogueira put together a one day 2 or 3 round event as part of the annual Havoc miniatures tournament.
At least I think it was Carl, I don't know who else would be so cruel as to put Cushman's Pocket on the scenario list. I took one look at boards 15 and 25, all that crag, and tankdozers, and threw up my hands with WTF?!?!
:)

-Mike

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Mike
Thanks for that. That's awesome! And so great to see youth at the tournament and all of them enthusiastic about The Game!