AP57 Kleckerweise - interpretations of SSR

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
In today's playing of AP57 Kleckerweise we ran into an interpretation issue of SSR 3 for which I would like to hear your opinions on. The completion of the last sentence of SSR 3 is irrelevant for this question.

It is clear that the Germans have to create his three reinforcement groups prior to setup but does the SSR require that the German player also designate where and what turn each group must enter prior French setup or may that decision be taken just prior to the respective RPh and offboard setup?

/asad

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
... may that decision be taken just prior to the respective RPh and offboard setup?
No.

The way I read it, you create your three groups and then concretely assign a specific group to each entry zone and time.
the_SSR said:
... One group enters ... the others enter ... one along ... and the other along ...
For the flexibility you are (incorrectly) maybe inferring, verbiage would need to read instead:
... A group enters ... another enters ... along ... and another along ...
Because that latter is =not= the text, you need to lock-in, pregame, which group enters at each reinforcement appointment.

How I read it, anyway.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia

It's unclear.
The only thing IS clear is that he splits his reinforcements as being in 3 groups.
That's all that the SSR 3 says.
Then it says when the groups enter, but no rules as to WHEN you allocate.
You have to assume what it means which makes it a garbage SSR.

It's weak.
Maybe....as being in 3 groups, A, B and C, (1,2,3....Manny, Moe, Jack) . A enters on T3, B&C on T4.

Not that hard but a failure nonetheless.