Scenarios that need Board 77?

DonWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And now for something completely different - about board 77..

I like the fact that we have in board 77 a large hill mass with grain. Consider me thankful for that as it would give designers something new - and something that might work better than our normally bare hills for places like Russia, even PTO. While I don't like the buildings on it (why buildings on that hill?) - they can be 'worked around' I suppose by the design-guys.

And - another hill idea not yet done is a large Normandy hill. Lots of historical accounts of hills in Normandy that were fought over and which had a gradually (not abrupt as we now only have) elevation changes as well as obscured LOS from the hilltop due to bocage blockage. So, in my mind we need that too.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Don, a Normandy hill like you are talking about sounds like it might be a good candidate for Slopes. Weren't they designed to simulate gradually-sloping hills?

I don't recall if Slopes are part of the Chapter B terrain now or not, if they are still just a KGP terrain type. Also, I don't think Slopes have been used on any geo-boards to this point.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Slopes were not incorporated into any MMP geo-boards that I'm aware of. However, BFP did configure some of their geo-boards with a modicum of Slopes for "BEYOND THE BEACHEAD" and "OPERATION COBRA". They're not overpowering in their use as in KGP and thus not as confusing and initially difficult to comprehend as in that offering. As a matter of fact, I have found the limited use of Slopes usually enhances the game/scenarios as presented by them.