Prisoner - Search Attempt

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can a prisoner (in this case, a German prisoner HS guarded by a US ATTACKER HS) be used in a Search Attempt dr?

EX: US HS with a German Prisoner HS attempts a Search; per the A12.152 Table provides a -1 drm for > then one HS searching

I can't find anything in the eASLRB that says NO / Prohibited / Restricted.... on Searching Attempts

Only thing I can find on Prisoners is: A Guard can force any prisoner to attempt entrenchment (B27.11), or clear rubble/Flame/roadblock (B24.7) by sharing any applicable TI/(Hazardous-) Movement status with the prisoners.

Applying COWTRA..... since Searching is NOT Restricted or Prohibited, I think this is an acceptable approach / use / move

What say you?

Thanks -- Velo

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can a prisoner (in this case, a German prisoner HS guarded by a US ATTACKER HS) be used in a Search Attempt dr?

EX: US HS with a German Prisoner HS attempts a Search; per the A12.152 Table provides a -1 drm for > then one HS searching

I can't find anything in the eASLRB that says NO / Prohibited / Restricted.... on Searching Attempts

Only thing I can find on Prisoners is: A Guard can force any prisoner to attempt entrenchment (B27.11), or clear rubble/Flame/roadblock (B24.7) by sharing any applicable TI/(Hazardous-) Movement status with the prisoners.

Applying COWTRA..... since Searching is NOT Restricted or Prohibited, I think this is an acceptable approach / use / move

What say you?

Thanks -- Velo
I think you have it backwards. Concentrate On What The Rules Allow. Searching is not listed as being allowed.

Otherwise ( I saw this some where once) " My Panthers have lasers and can fly".

A Prisoner is also not in Good Order.

Seth

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

What say you?

Thanks -- Velo
COWTRA is used to determine what CAN be accomplished and NOT what is disallowed. The rules don't seem to allow searching.

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Follow-up question; does a captured 8-1 Leader apply a -1 DRM to entrenching attempts (in this case US HS + Captured HS & 8-1 Leader).

Rules cited:

A20.5: An unarmed SMC must be noted on a side record, but maintains its normal morale and leadership levels.

B27.11: Similarly unused leader may apply his leadership modifier to all Entrenching Attempt DR in his Location.

Thanks,
Velo

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Per the OP what nobody has said is that the guard HS can search, but if they die due to search casualties the prisoners would be freed unless there is another unit available to take over guard duty.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...does a captured 8-1 Leader apply a -1 DRM to entrenching attempts (in this case US HS + Captured HS & 8-1 Leader).

A20.5: An unarmed SMC must be noted on a side record, but maintains its normal morale and leadership levels.

B27.11: ... A similarly unused leader may apply his leadership modifier to all Entrenching Attempt DR in his Location.
Yes.

Per A20.5, "A Guard can force any prisoner to attempt entrenchment (B27.11)," including the side-noted captive Leader. Further, the "can force" in A20.5 implicitly makes the "may apply" of B27.11 a "must apply" IMO.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes.

Per A20.5, "A Guard can force any prisoner to attempt entrenchment (B27.11)," including the side-noted captive Leader. Further, the "can force" in A20.5 implicitly makes the "may apply" of B27.11 a "must apply" IMO.
Diabolical

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An American POW was complaining to a prison guard about his being forced to work as a violation of the Geneva Convention,
The guard just patted his rifle and said "This is my Geneva Convention."