TCASL-- NO-GO NOVEMBER

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Folks,

I have bad news for you all. Unless someone can come up with a location at which we can play, there won't be a TCASL meetup this month. "Why not," you ask? Well, it seems there's a new Magic: The Gathering expansion set coming out, and every game store in town is utterly booked with pre-release events.

Gamezenter isn't hosting a Magic event on Saturday, but they have their own thing (can't remember what precisely, it wasn't a game with which I'm familiar) going, and it sounds like it'll take over most of the playing space.

If anyone has good ideas for spaces that are clean, have tables, good acoustics, and a relatively low population density (covid still being a thing after all), please let me know and I'll see about setting something up. Otherwise, I'll see you on December 10.

Disregard this, see below:

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Could you rent a meeting room at any of the Park Board or public library buildings?

Last edited:

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have GOOD NEWS this time! Thanks to the various excellent suggestions people have made, we now have a meeting place this Saturday, which means we're GOOD TO GO.

We have...

The Board Room at Ramsey County Library, Roseville

It may be found at....
2180 Hamline Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113

We will be meeting at...

12:00 Noon. Yes this is later than our usual start, no I couldn't get it any earlier. Sorry! Also, the library closes at 5:00pm, so we'll need to be clear by 4:45. That's time for a short game, at least.

There's nearby road construction, so things may be a little tricky. Parking is free and plentiful.

I hope to see you there!

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I have GOOD NEWS this time! Thanks to the various excellent suggestions people have made, we now have a meeting place this Saturday, which means we're GOOD TO GO.

We have...

The Board Room at Ramsey County Library, Roseville

It may be found at....
2180 Hamline Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113

We will be meeting at...

12:00 Noon. Yes this is later than our usual start, no I couldn't get it any earlier. Sorry! Also, the library closes at 5:00pm, so we'll need to be clear by 4:45. That's time for a short game, at least.

There's nearby road construction, so things may be a little tricky. Parking is free and plentiful.

I hope to see you there!
Sorry I missed it. How did it go?

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry I missed it. How did it go?
Short version is that it didn't. I was the only one to show up, and bailed after an hour. However, the good news is that the Roseville Library has some pretty nice space, and it's something we should consider for the future:

ASLRB for scale, there's some slight fisheye effect because I used a wide angle lens.

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Short version is that it didn't. I was the only one to show up, and bailed after an hour. However, the good news is that the Roseville Library has some pretty nice space, and it's something we should consider for the future:

View attachment 23251

ASLRB for scale, there's some slight fisheye effect because I used a wide angle lens.
Sorry no on showed. It does look like a nice space and probably quieter than Gamezenter.