Bounding Fire Blackpool - 2022 (copy of my circular email I've just sent out)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Afternoon all. I trust you are all keeping well.

Bounding Fire Blackpool will take place again this year from Wednesday 16th to Sunday 20th November at the Headlands Hotel in Blackpool.

A straw poll if I may - We're tired of the Sunday round and prize giving being a bit of a lacklustre affair (as 80% of the attendees have buggered off home). What are people's thoughts on bringing the Main Tournament start forward to Thursday pm, and finishing the tournament on Saturday pm? Prize giving on Saturday evening for the entire event?

We're likely to opt for this (as we feel almost all Main Tournament entrants arrive by Thursday) unless there is significant outcry agin it (although there has been nothing decided/finalised yet).

An alternative consideration would be playing three smaller scenarios on Friday (Morning/Afternoon/Evening). But that would probably be too much?

Would appreciate any/all feedback on this.

A reminder also that Double One down at Writtle Agricultural College, takes place next month from 23rd to 26th June.

More to follow in due course...

Best wishes

Martin

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm fine with a Thursday start as long as it is a "one evening" scenario. We are generally getting down about 6 and need to decompress for an hour before the start.

simon131

Reaction score
Country
ll
The Bounding Fire blog has been updated with all the current details of the 2022 tournament and can be viewed at www.boundingfireblackpool.blogspot.com

We look forward to welcoming as many of you as possible to Blackpool in a couple of months time

Entries are now invited for the Minis, see the specific page on the blog of what is running over the weekend and how to enter

Thanks all

Simon

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Unfortunately I'm going to miss the minis - probably arrive 10.30 - 11.00 on the Thursday.

I'm looking for an opponent on the Thursday to help me with my long term project to play all the Blood&Jungle scenarios (which will hopefully be a VFTT article at some point).

I've played 39 out of 47, with 8 remaining;

BFP-32 Slaughter at Nanyaun
BFP-45 BIA's First Battle
BFP-47 Seizing Viru Harbor
BFP-49 Just a drive along the beach
BFP-58 San Manuel Melee
BFP-63 Typhoon of Steel
BFP-64 Fighting with the devil
BFP-69 Fuchin Fortified

Happy to play any of these.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
As long as the scenarios on Friday are actually small and short...it shouldn't be too bad.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Question. Originally Berserk, then Heroes and now Bounding Fire ( from Bornemouth). Correct? I remember the early days fondly.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Question. Originally Berserk, then Heroes and now Bounding Fire ( from Bornemouth). Correct? I remember the early days fondly.
No. Heroes is still very much an annual event. Heroes remains in Blackpool, NW England. And still runs annually in March.

Bounding Fire replaced Intensive Fire, formerly held in Bournemouth (but moved to Blackpool because everyone within a 100 mile radius of Bournemouth stopped attending, although that did not stop them complaining about it being moved away from Bournemouth of course). Held annually in November.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
No. Heroes is still very much an annual event. Heroes remains in Blackpool, NW England. And still runs annually in March.

Bounding Fire replaced Intensive Fire, formerly held in Bournemouth (but moved to Blackpool because everyone within a 100 mile radius of Bournemouth stopped attending, although that did not stop them complaining about it being moved away from Bournemouth of course). Held annually in November.
That's why old, hard core wargamers are called Grognards (or grumblers).

simon131

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi all, a quick reminder that I’m now taking entries for the Minis to be run in November

Full details of what’s available and how to enter can be found at:-

https://boundingfireblackpool.blogspot.com/p/battleschool-minis.html

Looking forward to welcoming as many as possible for some early competitive gaming ahead of the main tournament

Cheers

Simon

simon131

Reaction score
Country
ll
Blog updated with confirmed hotel room rates for November

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That’s a fine haul of prizes, guys, even more than last year if I’m not mistaken. Kudos to Simon and Martin for organising this 👍

Superb as always Ian, thank you

These and many of the other great prizes available to players in Blackpool are now uploaded on the Blog at

See you next week

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just hope that I do not win those.........they'd be tough to sell on eBay :D

Given the people who are attending - I should be OK on that front.

Looking forward to the tourny - Simon and Martin look like they have done another great job again.