Drop Zone: Sainte-Mère-Église

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's correct. Visited there a few years ago. He actually got snagged on the other side of the steeple, which is along the adjoining street. That side of the steeple is not very visible (for tourist purposes), so they made the decision to put him on the more visible side (central parking area). It makes for a better picture, and most folks don't know the difference. If he had actually landed as the dummy is currently placed, he probably wouldn't have survived, being in plain view of most of the town square/center. I believe a restaurant named in his honor is also still there.
Thanks for the info. I wondered how the Germans got him down.

dieneuner25

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The reply, "The maps don't go as far as la Fiere...that map/module will be after the Chef du Pont map/module" promises two follow-up modules, so I'll have to wait a while to see how the scenario designers addressed the OoB of Panzer-Ersatz- und Ausbildungs-Abteilung 100. First we'll see how they handle the "three tanks and two self-propelled guns" that supported Ost-bataillon 795's attack at 0900 on June 6 (with the now famous 'cow shield').

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
It sounded to me like the poster knew which type of vehicles were involved....hence my question...the orignal scenario 17 Lost Opportunties had one Marder I(f) and two Pz 35R 731(f).

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which brings up a question concerning the countersheet contained in DZ:SME:
to wit, all 1/2'' counters OR a mixture of 1/2'' and 5/8'' counters?