Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Quite logical, especially during weekdays.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gotta wonder how much selection bias there is here, in favor of internet-enabled modes of play. How would one account for that?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would venture to say you can take a stab at guessing. Science is full of that kind of thing.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I would venture to say you can take a stab at guessing. Science is full of that kind of thing.
The only " fact " to work with is forty one scenarios in ten days. So four scenarios a day on one platform. What percentage that is of games actually played in the ASLiverse each day is the problem.

1000? 500? 100? I would go with something in the range of 100 to 250 per day. That's based solely on WAG. Tons of variables but an interesting question.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Probably an input thing as I've never recorded a PBEM game as such with scores if not hundreds played.
If I understood things correctly, Dave only recently added this option in the data that we record. If you wanted, you could edit your games of this year, however, and indicate the method of play.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the purpose recording playings on the archive? I'm curious because IMO solo playing shouldn't be counted in ROAR-type records of W/L.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
What is the purpose recording playings on the archive? I'm curious because IMO solo playing shouldn't be counted in ROAR-type records of W/L.
I would say that some people use the Archive as their personal play log. Others may only want to offer ratings of scenarios that they play. I enjoy the built-in statistical functions of my logged games.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not sure why you wouldn't want to log things. Some guys don't have any regular opponents and if players play a scenario against themselves (with the "play-by-self" ruleset or just like a standard game where they sit on the other side of the table) the balance of results seem reasonable to me.