How old is the oldest ASLer who still plays?

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No but I am totally deaf in my right one...from things that go boom..does that count :p

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I am 72 years young BTW! I have been playing SL and ASL since leaving the Army in 1976 (orange box). I have never had any significant breaks from the game, coming on home leave while on overseas assignments (1996-2014) either attending AVALONCON or playing in the German Grenadier and as well as other European tournaments.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sir, that does count. Might be that you have been around in parts much more unpleasant than in the ring with Mike Tyson.

von Marwitz
Yes..two tours of Bosnia.....a place and time that just keeps on giving and giving, landed in a helicopter at a small lake nick named "chipper lake" , it is not because it is a happy place...nope.. it is called that because thousands of men , women, and children were bruttally murdered with sledge hammers, clubs and fed into wood chippers...to this day, the sight, smells, the fact that not a single animal bird goes there, and just being there, everyone gets the heebiejeebies like your are being watched..I still can smell it......death... and it sticks to your cloths, hair everything,..sorry, if I triggered anyone..

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am 72 years young BTW! I have been playing SL and ASL since leaving the Army in 1976 (orange box). I have never had any significant breaks from the game, coming on home leave while on overseas assignments (1996-2014) either attending AVALONCON or playing in the German Grenadier and as well as other European tournaments.
And an old Cavalryman IIRC. "Allons!23039

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes..two tours of Bosnia.....a place and time that just keeps on giving and giving, landed in a helicopter at a small lake nick named "chipper lake" , it is not because it is a happy place...nope.. it is called that because thousands of men , women, and children were bruttally murdered with sledge hammers, clubs and fed into wood chippers...to this day, the sight, smells, the fact that not a single animal bird goes there, and just being there, everyone gets the heebiejeebies like your are being watched..I still can smell it......death... and it sticks to your cloths, hair everything,..sorry, if I triggered anyone..
Yup some things are best left un-remembered (at least consciously every day) but it never really goes away. Hang tough my brother!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yup some things are best left un-remembered (at least consciously every day) but it never really goes away. Hang tough my brother!
Amen to that. Thank all veterans but especially those of you who served in hot zones.

I hid on a sub. I will say though that not a single Viet Cong sub made it to the US.🙄