Howdy from Texas

CJ7nvrstk

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey all. Just stumbled in here today. Gotta love the rabbit hole of the internet. Did a lot of gaming in the 70s, 80s. Mainly AH but a few others. Air Force was always my favorite but played SL, 3rd Reich, Submarine, Panzer Blitz…. Picking up some of the old favorites, old ones I wanted but never got, and looking at the new stuff as well. Inching closer to retirement when I will have time to play. Got good copies of Air Force, Dauntless, Expansion kit, Squad Leader, COI, COD. Didn’t know about ASL until just a bit ago. Now torn as to if I should play the old version or jump into ASL.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Hey all. Just stumbled in here today. Gotta love the rabbit hole of the internet. Did a lot of gaming in the 70s, 80s. Mainly AH but a few others. Air Force was always my favorite but played SL, 3rd Reich, Submarine, Panzer Blitz…. Picking up some of the old favorites, old ones I wanted but never got, and looking at the new stuff as well. Inching closer to retirement when I will have time to play. Got good copies of Air Force, Dauntless, Expansion kit, Squad Leader, COI, COD. Didn’t know about ASL until just a bit ago. Now torn as to if I should play the old version or jump into ASL.
Better go with ASL. I don't think there is a very large SL community these days. If you played SL it won't be difficult to grasp the basics. IMO go full ASL but there are strong arguments for the ASL Starter Kit. Plenty of help and encouragement here. There is a very active ASL community in Texas. Check them out. Nothing like some face to face play!

Good luck. Welcome aboard. Don't hesitate to ask questions. The guys here are always willing to help.

Lol be prepared for some sticker shock. Things are a bit more pricey these days.

Also consider the eASLRB. It seems to be the way to go. VASL also.

Roll low and have fun!

Last edited:

CJ7nvrstk

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are quite a few ASL players in Texas. They have an annual tournament in June in Austin.
Damn. Looks like they just got together this past weekend in DFW. That’s where I am.

thanks for the suggestion, I had no idea.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Damn. Looks like they just got together this past weekend in DFW. That’s where I am.

thanks for the suggestion, I had no idea.
Hook up with these guys! Any group always welcomes and benefits from new members, no matter how inexperienced.

Btw a lot of players are looking to dump counters and the like as they downsize, convert or whatever. A shrewd newbie might post a thread as a willing dumping ground for what is unwanted. A grateful newbie would also cover the costs.😉

Good luck and good gunnin to you. I've heard a lot of good things about those Texas ASLers so get in touch with them first thing.