Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
that's the problem with new city managers, they never keep ahead with regular maintenance.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reviewing rules today after playing a Red Factories scenario. Cellars, rubbling of buildings by AFVs, AFV platoon movement sleaze to minimize bog checks, etc.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well kinda' ASL related but definitely cool (at least I think so); I saw a JU-87 Stuka fly into our local airport today (flew right over the house, 200-300 ft). It was probably on its way home from the EAA airshow in Oshkosh, WI (largest airshow-display in the U.S.). I'm not sure if it was a replica or rebuild but both Curtis and I were quite positive on identification. Now I've seen plenty of WW-II warbirds fly in here over the years, B25, B17, B24, B29, P38, P40, P48, F4U & of course the P51/F51 among others but don't ever recall seeing a German WW-II era aircraft before. Very cool! o_O:love:

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well kinda' ASL related but definitely cool (at least I think so); I saw a JU-87 Stuka fly into our local airport today (flew right over the house, 200-300 ft). It was probably on its way home from the EAA airshow in Oshkosh, WI (largest airshow-display in the U.S.). I'm not sure if it was a replica or rebuild but both Curtis and I were quite positive on identification. Now I've seen plenty of WW-II warbirds fly in here over the years, B25, B17, B24, B29, P38, P40, P48, F4U & of course the P51/F51 among others but don't ever recall seeing a German WW-II era aircraft before. Very cool! o_O:love:
You were lucky that it failed its Sighting TC. :p

Semper Fi!
Scott

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think there is only one flyable original in the world. If you saw that, I’m envious. There are quite a few flying replicas, some even full scale with others reduced to 7/10 scale. Either way, a cool spot.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think there is only one flyable original in the world. If you saw that, I’m envious. There are quite a few flying replicas, some even full scale with others reduced to 7/10 scale. Either way, a cool spot.
I've seen a few replica German planes at shows. They are very nice. However I have never understood the scaling down? It seems that if you are going to do all the work to build a replica flying plane why not make it full size? I guess maybe storage space? But there is already a significant investment soooooo ........ ???

Seth

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Lost a scenario, BUT conducted two infantry overruns.
The first ended up with the CX 447 and Swedish 8-0 in melee, then a second CX 447 jumped in and got him.
That's the first time I have made two against the same hex in almost 30 years of ASL.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I drove a Sherman 3 into a single story building. Bog check put it in the cellar. I can't remember having done that before, so I say it is my first time. It was a double whammy, however, because the location was point blank to the side of a shocked Panther.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I drove a Sherman 3 into a single story building. Bog check put it in the cellar. I can't remember having done that before, so I say it is my first time. It was a double whammy, however, because the location was point blank to the side of a shocked Panther.
I tried this one as a last-ditch effort to win a scenario in a tournament:

Drove a Sherman tank into a single story building, hoping to fall into the cellar. Which it did!
Then I was hoping for Crew Survival to gain Control of the Building. Devious plan - when my opponent grasped what I was attempting to do, his eyes went wide. Alas, the crew did not survive...

von Marwitz