ASLOK XXXVI - October 2nd-9th, 2022

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
La Quinta was $115/ night (5 nights) and it is only 2 minutes drive away. It looks decent enough.

Pretty much everything else starts hitting the $150+ a night.
Actually, it is right across the street and you can walk it in about five to seven minutes.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I have been reading Tripadvisor reviews for the ASLOK hotel and nearby hotels. They aren't good. I will be there anyway, but I thought people should be aware.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I have been reading Tripadvisor reviews for the ASLOK hotel and nearby hotels. They aren't good. I will be there anyway, but I thought people should be aware.
Like I keep saying getting a suitable venue is possibly the most difficult part of hosting an event. Oktoberfest at Brookpark demonstrated that. What a dump. Great memories of the event itself though.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I don't mind the hote (as compared to the previous hotel). I have stayed is some real crappy hotels so my bar is low. I like the fact we have the entire top floor and have a bar with food service (assuming it is still available this year).

I'm not in the room much anyway.......

Peace

Roger

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Attendee roster (as of Sept. 7th) has been posted on the site. Looks a little light (right now), but good to see some of the international crowd planning to attend. Less than 3 weeks to go. Hoping for the minis scenario lists in the next week or so.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Attendee roster (as of Sept. 7th) has been posted on the site. Looks a little light (right now), but good to see some of the international crowd planning to attend. Less than 3 weeks to go. Hoping for the minis scenario lists in the next week or so.
What is the attendance? Sorry. OMOOT.

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Where is the ASLOK attendee list posted? I've looked at the ASLOK web site, and no updates since last year.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Where is the ASLOK attendee list posted? I've looked at the ASLOK web site, and no updates since last year.
If you click on the Pre reg link on the home page (under the ASL graphic), the link to the updated attendee list is in the middle of the Pre-registration Information section.

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
If you click on the Pre reg link on the home page (under the ASL graphic), the link to the updated attendee list is in the middle of the Pre-registration Information section.
I've done that several times and it always takes me to last year's pre-registration list. Guess I'm just stupid

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Its a week behind, so who knows. Many (like me) are late registers....... Though the Europe contingency does seem low. Though I am not surprised.

Peace

Roger

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't mind the hote (as compared to the previous hotel). I have stayed is some real crappy hotels so my bar is low. I like the fact we have the entire top floor and have a bar with food service (assuming it is still available this year).

I

Get a tent and a bong and pretend you are at a dead concert.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Get a tent and a bong and pretend you are at a dead concert.
You got what I was laying down, that was pretty much my point.🆒 I have stayed is some pretty bad hotels. But one of the worst was one across the highway from the Buffalo airport. I could not believe how dirty it was.

Roger

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
You got what I was laying down, that was pretty much my point.🆒 I have stayed is some pretty bad hotels. But one of the worst was one across the highway from the Buffalo airport. I could not believe how dirty it was.

Roger
As I have said ad nauseam finding a suitable venue can be very difficult, and the larger the event the harder it becomes. When you have 100+ attending it gets really difficult. Props for Brett and Wild Bill. How they do it year after year is amazing and I am forever grateful for their efforts. And to Mark Nixon and the late, great Bill Sisler.

Good luck to all who attend!

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
As I have said ad nauseam finding a suitable venue can be very difficult, and the larger the event the harder it becomes. When you have 100+ attending it gets really difficult. Props for Brett and Wild Bill. How they do it year after year is amazing and I am forever grateful for their efforts. And to Mark Nixon and the late, great Bill Sisler.

Good luck to all who attend!
I do not mind the hotel. Construction year aside, I found it better after the ownership change.

Agreed on the Kudos to Brett and Bill. They give up over a week of their lives just so we can game.

Peace

Roger