Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Am I safe to assume that I can use words and pictures that people type on this open forum for my 'in Memoriam' section of my annual tournament magazine? Rather than mithering people individually for permissions? It would be a lot easier for me, but I don't want to upset or annoy anybody.

Martin
No problem for me.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Reid, I and several other people have been wondering what became of Ron Mosher since he got his copy of Armies of Oblivion. While trying to track him down Reid came across this obituary for a name that matches his in a town about 80 miles from where he last posted he was living, Lebanon, Missouri.
If this obit has it right. the sad news is that we lost Ron late last year. Is there anyone from Ron's circle of opponents and friend who can confirm?

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
The California Bar continues to list Ron Mosher as inactive (retired) since 2004 and not deceased. There is a fee due every February 1 ...
Thanks, Larry. The Bar Association does list an address in Rolla, MO, which is a county over from Belle, and two counties away from Lebanon. but the Bar lists a middle initial "A," not "D." More hopeful, but nothing conclusive either way yet.

White Pages shows the Ronald A in Rolla lived in Brea, Irvine, Oakland and Vallejo, CA. Does anyone know if our Ron was in those cities?

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
IIRC, Ron Mosher, "da Priest" over here, was from Montana, not Missouri.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
His name (da Priest) search through GS, comes up with Lebanon, Missouri or MO. Montana is abbreviated as MT.
His last post was December 2004, but the last seen notation is November 2009.

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
His name (da Priest) search through GS, comes up with Lebanon, Missouri or MO. Montana is abbreviated as MT.
His last post was December 2004, but the last seen notation is November 2009.
Prior to that, he had been living and working in California. Uncertain what year he relocated.

Update: I have sent messages to Ron's last two e-mail addresses used on the ASLML. It is interesting that both addresses began with "rjmosher@." Will do another search...

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Larry. The Bar Association does list an address in Rolla, MO, which is a county over from Belle, and two counties away from Lebanon. but the Bar lists a middle initial "A," not "D." More hopeful, but nothing conclusive either way yet.

White Pages shows the Ronald A in Rolla lived in Brea, Irvine, Oakland and Vallejo, CA. Does anyone know if our Ron was in those cities?
brea

bergwall

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I am sad to announce that my dear friend Håkan Isaksson, ASL-player from Sweden passed away from COVID last year just months before vaccination was available in Sweden. Håkan was very active in the Scandinavian ASL community during the years 2005-2015. He played in some UK tournaments and also went to ASLOK 2-3 times. As he became a grandfather he dropped out of the hobby. We never gave up on Håkan and kept pushing him to get back to the hobby. I guess now the next game will be when we meet at the great gaming table in the sky.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Actually I'm pretty sure he wuz from Missouri. I was living in Montana during the heyday of his Dutch Trucks rants and I would have known
Update here - based on what former opponents in southern California say Ron left the hobby pretty much simultaneously with his relocation to Missouri. At present there is no positive information that he is deceased.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I am sad to announce that my dear friend Håkan Isaksson, ASL-player from Sweden passed away from COVID last year just months before vaccination was available in Sweden. Håkan was very active in the Scandinavian ASL community during the years 2005-2015. He played in some UK tournaments and also went to ASLOK 2-3 times. As he became a grandfather he dropped out of the hobby. We never gave up on Håkan and kept pushing him to get back to the hobby. I guess now the next game will be when we meet at the great gaming table in the sky.
Was he also at Arnhem tournament? Nevertheless, sad to hear.

Del

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Really sad to hear this. I lost touch with Håkan when he stopped playing ASL, but I enjoyed many games with him back when he was working in Denmark and miss his “enthusiastic” approach to accepting the vagaries of dice! Yet another loss to the ASL community.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Played him a few years back at Intensive Fire. This is very sad to hear.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Don Munsell. Don's SL Open in 1985 was the inspiration for the ASL Oktoberfest. It is only fitting that on the final weekend of ASLOk that we remember him.

RIP Don. We never met but Fish thought highly of you and that's good enough for me.