ASLOK XXXVI - October 2nd-9th, 2022

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As always, a lot of new stuff to be tested from MMP, BFP, LFT and BG. See you all there and let me know if anyone is willing to help out. Myriad of choices with ponte Grande Bridge, Finn project, Armored trains, Arid terrain and even Aprilia. A lot of ASL irons in the fire!

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
As always, a lot of new stuff to be tested from MMP, BFP, LFT and BG. See you all there and let me know if anyone is willing to help out. Myriad of choices with ponte Grande Bridge, Finn project, Armored trains, Arid terrain and even Aprilia. A lot of ASL irons in the fire!
Yep! A Bridge Too Far and Ponte Grande Bridge for sure. I will be helping out with the Armored Trains as well. I am redesigning Sosabowski's Express and want to play it there. You up for it?

Oh, and the new Pegasus Bridge map should be done and on display!

Last edited:

Jplott94

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Flight reservation made, Four Points hotel booked, and event registration sent to Bret! First time going to ASLOK!

That said, any helpful hints on what a good air-portable (ie, airliner carry-on size) travel kit would include? Will not be able to carry all the 3 cubic yards of ASL items I seem to have amassed over the past couple of years. My current plan is to attend for open gaming, the Manuvers tutorial Friday night, and maybe the SK tourney...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Flight reservation made, Four Points hotel booked, and event registration sent to Bret! First time going to ASLOK!

That said, any helpful hints on what a good air-portable (ie, airliner carry-on size) travel kit would include? Will not be able to carry all the 3 cubic yards of ASL items I seem to have amassed over the past couple of years. My current plan is to attend for open gaming, the Manuvers tutorial Friday night, and maybe the SK tourney...
Have a great time and good luck!

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

If you only plan to play ASLSK, you may be able to bring that full set with you. Last year was my first ASLOK, and I brought along systems counters, rules, charts, dice, etc to play ASL. You may be able to borrow what you need counters and maps. Obviously, though, the more you can bring the less you have to borrow. This year will be my second visit to ASLOK, btw.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep! A Bridge Too Far and Ponte Grande Bridge for sure. I will be helping out with the Armored Trains as well. I am redesigning Sosabowski's Express and want to play it there. You up for it?

Oh, and the new Pegasus Bridge map should be done and on display!
OK Mike, looks like we have at least two things to test! See you there, my friend! And I will have the playtest LFT map and counters--of course!

Last edited:

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
..... First time going to ASLOK!
That said, any helpful hints on what a good air-portable (ie, airliner carry-on size) travel kit would include? ...
You cannot miss:
  • rulebook (either pocket, electronic or standard)
  • Chapter H (if you don't have it I suggest you think about it)
  • Charts
  • Dice
  • pen
  • condoms (totally useless, but psychologically bring us back to our twenties' trips....)
  • Tweezers
  • string for the LOS
See you there

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Aprilia HASL - that's something I've been hoping to see since I started ASL (in 1993)!

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aprilia HASL - that's something I've been hoping to see since I started ASL (in 1993)!
Well, I also have had a long interest in this action and if you care to participate in my first ever testing of this let me know. This assumes you will be at ASLOK 2022.