#73: SASL and MGP

afantozzi

Reaction score
First name
Andrea
Country
llItaly
Many thanks for speaking of SASL MGP and ++ again. My personal experience is that the whole system works at its best when both rulesets are used. All of the MGP Missions (Situations) were developed using SASL++ rules, so it is difficult to say how these turn out when played under standard SASL rules.
It is absolutely true that playing with MGP and ++ requires a very good knowledge of the "standard" rules. Otherwise it can become very tyring (flipping back and forth through too many rules!).
I know that some people do not have access to Facebook. So, if they are interested in these rules, just drop me a line. I will be more than happy to email them a copy of the rules.
I decided to use Facebook because it is easier to keep things updated. With indivudual emails this is almost impossible. In any case, if someone is willing to host these rules on some other website, I will be more than glad to make them available. The only one problem is with updates, questions, errata, etc.
Thanks again!

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In any case, if someone is willing to host these rules on some other website, I will be more than glad to make them available. The only one problem is with updates, questions, errata, etc.
Thanks again!
We could definitely make a SASL MGP publication page on the archive, link the scenarios to it (which gives people a place to upload vasl log files, too) and allow the PDF files to be downloaded from there. It would be a case of you just uploading updates as and when, if you'd like.

afantozzi

Reaction score
First name
Andrea
Country
llItaly
We could definitely make a SASL MGP publication page on the archive, link the scenarios to it (which gives people a place to upload vasl log files, too) and allow the PDF files to be downloaded from there. It would be a case of you just uploading updates as and when, if you'd like.
This looks like a great idea! Just tell me what I have to do to make everything available for upload!
Thank you

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I look at Martin's game and think he should be using firelanes more. I might have missed it in the SASL game you played but I did not see one go down. It was the same when he played Toby in that Red Factories scenario - he put two Russian MMG's on a factory roof when they should go on the ground putting firelanes down.

A general rule of thumb might be Firelanes on the defense, kill stacks on the offense?

Mind you what do I know :)

Cyprus was defended by dummies - literally:

However, in September 1941 'special personnel' were used to strengthen the airport's defences. These took the form of mannequins that were placed around the runways. Dummy bunkers were also constructed with plaster heads balanced on top of the sandbags. On a rota basis, these 'special personnel' were moved to different locations. Elsewhere on the island dummy airfields were laid out with a number of mock-up Hurricanes and Bofor anti-aircraft guns. Unfortunately, no images of these mock defences are known to exist.

Many thanks for more great content 👍

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey Dave and Martin!

Thanks very much for yet another enjoyable episode. To be fair, not buying SASL as a largest
regret isn't much of a regret. That's why GBP 400 is an amount I wouldn't pay to undo it.

I'm looking forward for the continuation of Dinant...I have a suggestion: in the episode when you
pick it up, would it be possible to remind loyal viewers of the previous episodes with Dinant? I
believe it's #27.

indy

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm looking forward for the continuation of Dinant...I have a suggestion: in the episode when you
pick it up, would it be possible to remind loyal viewers of the previous episodes with Dinant? I
believe it's #27.indy
Good idea. I'll also create a playlist for the (hopefully) 3 additional dates, too.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Guys, What does one do to become a subscriber? pjn
We have a Patreon site (https://www.patreon.com/aslscenarioarchive) that gets you in to our various tournaments (the mid-tier gets you in, and the lower tiers can fill in when there are gaps) - and any level will get you the nice graphics on the scenario archive and our training scenarios that go along with Martin's "table top talks".

Otherwise, just subscribe on youtube and get your notifications (Martin's on hols at the mo and I'm off to Cyprus tomorrow so we'll be back with a video later next week).