New Resources added

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Just put some files up for SASL in the GS resource bin. Two of them (the ETO game setup pages) Ive previously posted in this forum, but it seemed like having them in the resource 'forum' (thread? area? not sure what it's called...) would make them easier to find for new players than digging through old posts in the SASL forum. I've also added a similar page for the PTO.

I also, finally, added my Campaign Company Customization variant rule. I've been using this for ages and have delayed posting it since there was always one more tweak I wanted to make. I finally decided 'Perfect is the Enemy of Good Enough' so there it is for anyone who wants to experiment with it. I started it b/c it always seemed limiting to run a company with only two leaders - with the way the panic rule works you're pretty much limited to a single axis advance with only two leaders. Sometimes that's fine, but other times you want to try something else. Also, low ELR and/or low base morale companies have a pretty hard slog with quality reducing of their MMC over the course of several games. I basically wanted a way to attenuate these effects, but just hand waving them away for no penalty didn't seem right. Once I hit on the idea of paying for them by awarding the enemy CVP other possibilities opened up.

I've got some other stuff cooking; closest to being done is a new 'generic' mission that's probably a month or two away from being ready. My thinking is I'll offer it to someone like 'View from the Trenches' (who've been open to including SASL content in the past) first and if they have no interest in publishing it I'll post it here. This is mostly so it can be put up in the ASL Scenario Archive.

haggis

Reaction score
Country
ll
Just put some files up for SASL in the GS resource bin. Two of them (the ETO game setup pages) Ive previously posted in this forum, but it seemed like having them in the resource 'forum' (thread? area? not sure what it's called...) would make them easier to find for new players than digging through old posts in the SASL forum. I've also added a similar page for the PTO.

I also, finally, added my Campaign Company Customization variant rule. I've been using this for ages and have delayed posting it since there was always one more tweak I wanted to make. I finally decided 'Perfect is the Enemy of Good Enough' so there it is for anyone who wants to experiment with it. I started it b/c it always seemed limiting to run a company with only two leaders - with the way the panic rule works you're pretty much limited to a single axis advance with only two leaders. Sometimes that's fine, but other times you want to try something else. Also, low ELR and/or low base morale companies have a pretty hard slog with quality reducing of their MMC over the course of several games. I basically wanted a way to attenuate these effects, but just hand waving them away for no penalty didn't seem right. Once I hit on the idea of paying for them by awarding the enemy CVP other possibilities opened up.

I've got some other stuff cooking; closest to being done is a new 'generic' mission that's probably a month or two away from being ready. My thinking is I'll offer it to someone like 'View from the Trenches' (who've been open to including SASL content in the past) first and if they have no interest in publishing it I'll post it here. This is mostly so it can be put up in the ASL Scenario Archive.
I'm sure Pete who runs VffT will publish it for you.
He is always on the lookout for articles to include.