Happy 4th of July

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I hope that it's not all political and against the forum rules (if so, mods, please delete/edit the post as you see fit), but I envy you, Yanks (and pretty much the rest of the ASL world, too) - since over 10 years in Poland our Independence Day changed from military/historical reconstruction parades to resentiment-driven nationalist rallies. I've used to watch the whole thing with my late grandpa when I was young, it pretty much had large share of inspiring my interest in history - now I just wonder each year where to evacuate until whole thing ends.

I swear, some people can spoil any fun anywhere.

Anyways, we've recently watched "Gettysburg" with a friend of mine and his wife, great movie (I'm pretty positively sure I've watched it when I was a kid, but couldn't remember a thing, so it was a fresh watch for me), and Edelman's music is simply amazing, it's like a second camera painting shooting the whole scenery on its own terms. Makes me want to buy "Johnny Reb III" rules!

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I hope that it's not all political and against the forum rules (if so, mods, please delete/edit the post as you see fit), but I envy you, Yanks (and pretty much the rest of the ASL world, too) - since over 10 years in Poland our Independence Day changed from military/historical reconstruction parades to resentiment-driven nationalist rallies. I've used to watch the whole thing with my late grandpa when I was young, it pretty much had large share of inspiring my interest in history - now I just wonder each year where to evacuate until whole thing ends.

Anyways, we've recently watched "Gettysburg" with a friend of mine and his wife, great movie (I'm pretty positively sure I've watched it when I was a kid, but couldn't remember a thing, so it was a fresh watch for me), and Edelman's music is simply amazing, it's like a second camera painting shooting the whole scenery on its own terms. Makes me want to buy "Johnny Reb III" rules!
Here’s to your continued independence!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia

My neighbour who is half Polish and the son of historian Norman Davies who wrote that famous book on Polish history is very concerned about Poland. He says the government has turned very nasty. I hope it all works out in the end.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
The forces of evil just never quit, they just change the leader names and move from country to country.

The great thing about ASL is it is usually pretty clear who the good guy and bad guys are.

Hoping that we all can get along in the future, something we are clearly lacking at times today.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The forces of evil just never quit, they just change the leader names and move from country to country.

The great thing about ASL is it is usually pretty clear who the good guy and bad guys are.

Hoping that we all can get along in the future, something we are clearly lacking at times today.
Amen to that.