Broken Ground Design Thread

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wanted to ask if you still plan on restocking your webstore? I thought you were last fall, but now we're well into June and I don't see anything restocked on your website?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I wanted to ask if you still plan on restocking your webstore? I thought you were last fall, but now we're well into June and I don't see anything restocked on your website?
It's been a 2-year series of unfortunate events. :( It appears to be moving towards positive results, but I've thought that about a dozen times already. I'm cautiously optimistic, in a skeptical kind of way.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One of the side effects of these re-stocking delays is that my mind has often wandered into new ideas that may or may not be viable.

22026 22027

Are there other nationalities where this kind of treatment may be helpful?

Reactions: PTY

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One of the side effects of these re-stocking delays is that my mind has often wandered into new ideas that may or may not be viable.

View attachment 22026View attachment 22027

I believe Walking Wounded are represented by 4-4-7s (in ABTF, if not elsewhere). FWIW, WW also have an IPC of 2.

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 22026View attachment 22027

I frequently think that a level of WW between No effect and breaking would be appropriate, at least for higher level units. How to incorporate that into the existing system would be the question.

I would also campaign for KW units.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I frequently think that a level of WW between No effect and breaking would be appropriate, at least for higher level units. How to incorporate that into the existing system would be the question.
There is the Pin effect if the Final DR = morale level. Perhaps add a subsequent dr (via SSR?) where a result of (for example) 1-4 is a Pin, 5-6 is WW. (or 1-5 & 6).

Or... an Original DR of 11 creates WW (even if the Final DR is NE/Pin).

These would exclude TC/LLMC DR.

(okay, I think I'm done with edits)

Last edited:

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Turret counters like this in nationality counters would be fantastic
Alternatively, a sheet of just CE/BU turret counters in nationality colors (at least for the major combatants) would be of interest (sort of like what original SL used.) I find most of the custom turret counters I've seen get a little visually busy duplicating the info that's on the AFV counter itself. I prefer something more like what Footsteps has posted above, for myself they wouldn't even need the DRM printed on them, just CE/BU and a turret depiction to show the facing.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm curious. Why don't you want reminders of DR effects?

It wouldn't be terrible to have the DR effects, but I don't think most players have trouble remembering those particular modifiers and it just adds a bit of clutter to the counter. I have really enjoyed using the simple generic nationality colored turrets from LFT. More would be good.

And the AL version would get rid of the extra AL counter riding around on the vehicle. On the other hand it would mean always having the turret counter on the vehicle (once the AL was revealed) even if the turret isn't needed. Hmmmmmm............

Seth

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
On the other hand it would mean always having the turret counter on the vehicle (once the AL was revealed) even if the turret isn't needed. Hmmmmmm............
Not really. A revealed AL isn't on the tank unless it's CE, regardless of turret facing. So a BU AFV with a revealed AL and a turret facing forward would still be unadorned.