ASL Overlay Bundle is now up for preorder!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thank you Daryl. You're a true gentleman. 👍
Thank you. You as well. Sometimes Captain Bacchus and I let our curiosity and enthusiasm about a topic overcome proper forum etiquette. Unfortunately it's usually offshoots of that topic that flash into our alcohol saturated brains and are posted. Just a couple drunken sailors who can't seem to break a bad habit.

As is happening here. Sigh.🙄

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. You as well. Sometimes Captain Bacchus and I let our curiosity and enthusiasm about a topic overcome proper forum etiquette. Unfortunately it's usually offshoots of that topic that flash into our alcohol saturated brains and are posted. Just a couple drunken sailors who can't seem to break a bad habit.

As is happening here. Sigh.🙄
It’s a good idea to try not to double post, might be a pho-pa. Go back and edit the previous post is one option.
Sometimes a simple ‘like’ (or whatever) suffices for a response.
If you have to go off topic that’s fine just try to include something that’s on topic.
These are some forum rules of thumb I try to follow that I made up.

On topic: Thank goodness, my overlays are in great disarray (what’s left of them). I’ll pick up the new ones after the preorder somewhere.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So it is safe to assume that the Overlay Bundle is one of the products that will be printed regardless of hitting the pre-order number (like the core modules), or will it need to hit its pre-order number to make it a "cost effective" product? I think the main reason for putting something up for pre-order that's going to get printed regardless is to give folks a chance to order it early at the pre-order discounted price. 575 is a pretty mid-range target pre-order number, which should be doable by the end of the month.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
At the MMP's site they state that "Corrected Deluxe ASL Overlays" and "SK-Style Board 42 Corrected Wall Overlay" are available for download, hence my question...
I don't think the board 42-specific overlay is included in the bundle - it was produced to fix an error on some of the board 42 maps that came in Action Pack 3.

As for the Deluxe overlays - the first ones (in ASL Annual 95w, IIRC), were too small in size. That was fixed later, so if those are included they will surely be of the correct size.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I don't think the board 42-specific overlay is included in the bundle - it was produced to fix an error on some of the board 42 maps that came in Action Pack 3.

As for the Deluxe overlays - the first ones (in ASL Annual 95w, IIRC), were too small in size. That was fixed later, so if those are included they will surely be of the correct size.
Oh, thanks for the clarification! So in DASL Redux they should be the correct size, too.

Out of curiosity, Klas - is there ASL-related thing that you are not aware of? Asking for a friend...

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
From the MMP Site....

The Advanced Squad Leader Overlay Bundle contains a re-printing of every overlay (on 34 cardstock sheets) issued by Avalon Hill or MMP except:
  • Overlays from MMP's Red Factories
  • Deluxe overlays (available in MMP's Deluxe ASL)
  • Gavutu-Tanambogo overlays from Avalon Hill's ASL Annual 93b (re-released as a paper map in MMP's Rising Sun)
  • Overlay E1 (escarpment) from Avalon Hill's West of Alamein (re-released as board 25e in MMP's Hollow Legions 3rd Ed.)
Above exception list should also include the Board 42 Overlay as mentioned by Klas above.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
The MMP ASL Overlay Pack has reached the Preorder threshold!