PRK 15

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Want to confirm that this rule means that if a first Red Card is drawn and the Radio Contact DR was NOT >= 7, that red chit is returned to the draw pile and there are no other consequences. If the contact DR was greater than 6, an additional red card is added to the draw pile. So under no circumstances can two red cards ever be drawn, right?

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I confirm your first two sentences, but I'm not sure if i understood the third. I confirm that in Prokhorovka! game Battery Access is never lost permanently due to drawing red chits, and that the amount of red chits that will be shuffled back in Draw pile depends by the Original Radio Contact/Maintenance DR, as it is written in PRK15 OBA BATTERY ACCESS. In the CG it is different, CG9 applies.

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I confirm your first two sentences, but I'm not sure if i understood the third. I confirm that in Prokhorovka! game Battery Access is never lost permanently due to drawing red chits, and that the amount of red chits that will be shuffled back in Draw pile depends by the Original Radio Contact/Maintenance DR, as it is written in PRK15 OBA BATTERY ACCESS. In the CG it is different, CG9 applies.
We are playing PRK6 and the first Russian draw was a red card after rolling a 6 for radio contact, so it is returned to the draw pile and the draw pile remains presicely what it was before. Had the radio contact roll been 7 or more an extra red card would have been added to the draw pile. In either case, no red card is left as 'drawn,' so I do not understand how, under any circumstances, two red cards could be drawn. Even if an extra draw is required for calling in and SR or FFE adjacent to no known enemy units, that card would be returned to the draw pile, possibly with one extra depending on the radio contact roll, would it not? So how could two red cards ever be drawn?

sebosebi

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
We are playing PRK6 and the first Russian draw was a red card after rolling a 6 for radio contact, so it is returned to the draw pile and the draw pile remains presicely what it was before. Had the radio contact roll been 7 or more an extra red card would have been added to the draw pile. In either case, no red card is left as 'drawn,' so I do not understand how, under any circumstances, two red cards could be drawn. Even if an extra draw is required for calling in and SR or FFE adjacent to no known enemy units, that card would be returned to the draw pile, possibly with one extra depending on the radio contact roll, would it not? So how could two red cards ever be drawn?
It is not possible to have two red cards drawn in Prokhorovka! indeed, and this fact is not requested by any rule, since C1.21 Battery Access lost by two red card drawn is declared NA, so there is no problem. For which application you need two red cards to be drawn?

aslwynn

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It is not possible to have two red cards drawn in Prokhorovka! indeed, and this fact is not requested by any rule, since C1.21 Battery Access lost by two red card drawn is declared NA, so there is no problem. For which application you need two red cards to be drawn?
That's fine, we'd just wondered because of the first sentence in PRK 15 which says battery access is "... never lost permanently due to drawing two red chits..." and then goes on to explain the mechanics as we understood them. That first sentence implies that somehow two red chits might be drawn.