Comparing two counter clippers from Oregon Laminations

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey there guys.

I've joined the ranks of those that use counter clippers (only been a few decades :p ) and did an unboxing video on my channel that compares the 2.5mm heavy-duty vs the (more expensive) 2.5mm plastic cutter from Oregon Lamination. Don't know what I would do without my clipper going forward.

My YouTube Channel

If you haven't bought into the clipped look, give the video a whirl and let me know what you think.

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice! I use the plastic version, with a 5/8” die duct taped to the handle after learning the hard way the fragility of that little plastic piece that bears all the torque. I also like that this version allows you to see the entire counter to make sure it’s set right. Plus, the flat metal base allows for an easy spin of the counter with a forefinger.

I prefer the look the 2mm rounder gives. But that’s just me.

Last edited:

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I too like the flat area on the "plastic" version. For the same counter spinning. I have not had any breakage even after several thousand clips. I wonder how many are really breaking.

I use the 2mm for 1/2". But I like the 3mm for vehicles because it makes the counter fit completely within a hex , just. Which is nice when vehicles are next to each other.

Seth

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Using the "Deluxe" version with the plastic handles to one of which I have attached an eraser to reduce the strain on them to prevent (long term) breaking.

von Marwitz

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I too like the flat area on the "plastic" version. For the same counter spinning. I have not had any breakage even after several thousand clips. I wonder how many are really breaking.

I use the 2mm for 1/2". But I like the 3mm for vehicles because it makes the counter fit completely within a hex , just. Which is nice when vehicles are next to each other.

Seth
Does anyone ever not clip the VCA corner? That is, only clip 3 of the corners and leave the VCA pointed?