Crucible of Steel Errata

brunger

Reaction score
Country
ll
Sorry to resurrect this zombie of a thread, but I'm looking at SBR 2 for BFP92 Trenches in Flames, which reads (in part), "No Fortifications may set up HIP [EXC: Mines if the option is used]". There aren't any mines in either the Russian or German OBs. What am I missing? I did check the BFP errata page but I didn't read through this entire thread, nor do I have CoS v2. My apologies if this has been addressed earlier.

Thanks,
Dave
Is it an option on the balance.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is there because if you would be playing with the Balance then the Russians would get 12 AP.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to resurrect this zombie of a thread, but I'm looking at SBR 2 for BFP92 Trenches in Flames, which reads (in part), "No Fortifications may set up HIP [EXC: Mines if the option is used]". There aren't any mines in either the Russian or German OBs. What am I missing? I did check the BFP errata page but I didn't read through this entire thread, nor do I have CoS v2. My apologies if this has been addressed earlier.

Thanks,
Dave
They are really HIP.😉🤣

Sorry. Once a jick always a jick. 🙄

morgan kane

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
About to play BFP-81 Iron Coffins

Got a question.

Is the intention that all off board hexes should be regarded as level zero as mentioned by Perry in an Q&A or at the same level as the first on board hex. For example, is the off board hex in front of BFP I O1 at level 3 or at level zero?

/Morgan

Last edited:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Although I generally lean towards the ASLRB and Perry, in this case need to answer as:

Consider offboard hexes to be at same level as adjacent on board hex. (ie if a unit is going to enter a hex at level 3, it is at level 3 offboard)

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When we PT for BFP we will use their details presented on their counters or on BFP's Chapter H.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When we PT for BFP we will use their details presented on their counters or on BFP's Chapter H.
I get that but given how lopsided this is on ROAR (pro German), I'm thinking if the Lee's had SMOKE, that might even things up.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I dimly remember that there was once a discussion about which Lee and which Grant tanks had the 'Grant gun'. Might have involved Lend&Lease equipment. I can't remember, if the question of Smoke or not Smoke played a role back then (or TPP counters).

This is one of the occasions, when we miss Paul Weir. Without doubt, he would have had explanations for all of this and all of us. Rest in peace, Paul.

von Marwitz

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My opponent just arrived we are going to try to play it straight up with BFP tanks (i.e. no Smoke)

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My opponent just arrived we are going to try to play it straight up with BFP tanks (i.e. no Smoke)
Russian win. He ignored the Lee's I parked on the hill and went for killing T-34s. Big mistake but he is a rookie and learned the hard way on this one. Lee's basically killed everything except the Tigers. T-34s did kill a couple of PzIIIJs that were in the way.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The BFP counter is accurate.