What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just purchased LFT #11. I was going to pass as I have more than enough scenarios to keep me occupied until the end of days, but watched the interview with Toby Pilling on Illuminating Rounds and was prompted to buy it to read the article authored by Toby. It’s a great piece BTW.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just picked up Rally Point 17– the Special Study of Korea II. I know, a bit late to the party. But, I enjoyed playing some CPVA scenarios at West Coast Melee a few weeks back. Plus, this pack had the player aid for CPVA. Good mix of scenarios.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just picked up Rally Point 17– the Special Study of Korea II. I know, a bit late to the party. But, I enjoyed playing some CPVA scenarios at West Coast Melee a few weeks back. Plus, this pack had the player aid for CPVA. Good mix of scenarios.
That CPVA player guide is amazing! I found it to be very useful when I was helping with the play testing of LFT's Fox Co. HASL.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Let's see now....
FTC 11
HazMo 2
WO 2022
CH 80-89 Russian Nationality Set
CH US/USMC 91 Nationality Set
CH Mujahadeen/Taliban Nationaility Set
CH Graveyard of Steel
CH Sands of Time and War
CH Thunder at Melikovo
CH Kursk: Southern Salient
CH Red Ice

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
'Watchtower' is an excellent module. Even if solo played, if should be a far more enjoyable experience than watching that film.
I beg to differ, it's my favorite movie of all time, or one of favorite ones at least. But to each their own.

Speaking of ownership, I've didn't stop at Watchtower and I've just bought "Festung Budapest" - until the end of next month I'm going to eat old bread, cause I can't afford anything else...

Last edited:

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I beg to differ, it's my favorite movie of all time, or one of favorite ones at least. But to each their own.

Speaking of ownership, I've didn't stop at Watchtower and I've just bought "Festung Budapest" - until the end of next month I'm going to eat old bread, cause I can't afford anything else...
Sounds like you have some very enjoyable gaming ahead of you! I thoroughly enjoyed playing all of the scenarios in Festung Budapest, and would gladly replay any of them again. Probably my favorite 'urban warfare' ASL module so far.

Regarding Thin Red Line, I'm glad you enjoyed the film... not my cup of tea, but that's just my opinion obviously.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
That was you on Facebook was it?

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like you have some very enjoyable gaming ahead of you! I thoroughly enjoyed playing all of the scenarios in Festung Budapest, and would gladly replay any of them again. Probably my favorite 'urban warfare' ASL module so far.

Regarding Thin Red Line, I'm glad you enjoyed the film... not my cup of tea, but that's just my opinion obviously.
Well, there are two versions of Thin Red Line. You have the Terence Malick version from 1997, but you also the 1964 version with Keir Dullea and Jack Warden.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, there are two versions of Thin Red Line. You have the Terence Malick version from 1997, but you also the 1964 version with Keir Dullea and Jack Warden.
I was referring to the Malick film. I wasn't aware that it was actually a remake of the 1964 film (BTW, I'm not watching that one either, since I have no interest in viewing a film about Guadalcanal which was filmed in Spain).
I loved reading James Jones' novel back when I was a teenager, which perhaps influenced my opinion of Malick's film interpretation. In addition to the several academy award nominations for this film, a special achievement award should have been given for Malick's ability to deploy such a talented cast of A-list actors in nearly 3 hours of excruciating boredom.
General John Travolta... seriously?

The only reason why I didn't walk out of the theater was because I caught a ride with someone else.