Ersatz VASLeague 2022

SteffenK

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
David Rosner's Canadians conceded in the top of the 5th to Steve Knippel's Germans in 105 Going to Church. Always a little dicey, my luck was better than his. But after my guys survived a second turn of Prep fire from his two kill stacks, time had run out. No dilly-dallying allowed.

Thanks David, play you again soon!

Lobster

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Tom Jazbutis and I played DB159 - Autumn Approach. His Welsh missed to load some smoke ammunition and had to pay on their advance. My Germans prevailed - finding the Panzerfaust and go for an CH in the frist atempt of the game did help too.

Pleasant game with an really nice player.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Stephanie's Americans held on for the win in our playing of WO3 "Counterattack At Carentan." His 57L ATG save the day, eliminating two German AFV's to put the German forces over the CVP limit.
Great game, tenacious opponent.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Roy Johanson took the Russians and I had the Romanians in ASL 113 Liberating Bessarabia. An MMG malfed on the first shot as did the AC with a 45L with a bead on a Romanian R-1. Not a good start for the Russians. That lead to the zipper on the flank coming down and the Romanians having 5 buildings after 4. Roy conceded and we agreed to play again another day.

oybj

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
My Polish heroes (literally, one in the OB and one generated) won the day against Jim's Germans in BoF13 Totensonntag, having very much the best of the dice and then moving aggressively through the defence. Very nice game, great opponent, both first time VASLeague gamers.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My stout Soviet defenders defeated Fillipe's Fascist bandits in J63 Silesian Interlude.
From the first important shot of the game being a 2 to smoke one of his Panthers to an antitank gun that destroyed another on a side shot after his infantry had scouted all around it then turned and reduced 2squads and a leader to a single half squad who went into CC with the crew, missed and then died, the dice were all one way.
When I needed the rolls I got them. Towrdas the end, I was apologising for rolling yet another 3....

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
With Houlie we just finished our scenario : BFP 48 Ninth Tanks.
My japanese had the hottest dice and prevailed in a very interesting game. Very nice game !

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My stout Soviet defenders defeated Fillipe's Fascist bandits in J63 Silesian Interlude.
From the first important shot of the game being a 2 to smoke one of his Panthers to an antitank gun that destroyed another on a side shot after his infantry had scouted all around it then turned and reduced 2squads and a leader to a single half squad who went into CC with the crew, missed and then died, the dice were all one way.
When I needed the rolls I got them. Towrdas the end, I was apologising for rolling yet another 3....
That’s ‘Sleazy Interlude’ please.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My Russians defeated Pat's Germans in SP194 Requiem for a Dreadnaught. I had lucky dice rolls from the beginning, with my 50mm MTR on the hill getting no less than a dozen rate fire shots in the first turn, which caused lots of damage. I also came out on top on all the tank duels. The only exception was a BT that busted its gun and got recalled - but it failed its mechanical start roll, and now I had a 4 FP metal bunker - so even my bad rolls were lucky. Pat was great fun to play with, and took his exceptionally bad luck with good cheer.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only exception was a BT that busted its gun and got recalled - but it failed its mechanical start roll, and now I had a 4 FP metal bunker
Wouldn't the crew be required to abandon and go home? Or am I misremembering that?

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alex K and I played DTF-10 Five to One. My Finns planned to come in hard and fast from the top, slow and carefully from the bottom and to make roadblocks on the two Russian reinforcement areas. The top and bottom action worked mostly fine. Both blocks got pretty wrecked right off the bat. Early Finnish losses were very worrisome with a 5:1 squad loss early. But both starting tanks were taken out and the number of squads next to the road on turn 5 was pretty high. Alex's last attack looked like it was going to put all but 7 points into CC, meaning I need to either win an ambush and withdraw or kill without dying in 1 of 7 CC's for the win, but then a last final fire broke a key unit and clinched it for my Finns.
A tough one for both sides, lots of action but only 5 turns. Lots of ground to cover, extreme winter broke lots of weapons and a HS. I think it will come down to CC in the last turn quite often. Fun scenario. Thanks to Chris and Peter once again.

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wouldn't the crew be required to abandon and go home? Or am I misremembering that?
Thanks for the heads up. We did not see anything while playing in the rules specifically on that, but I now found a Perry Q&A that appears it has to be abandoned (but it appears the vehicle is under recall, not the crew). I don't think the scenario would have played out differently for us, as it was part of an infantry defense line, and it probably could've been re-crewed later by that same crew or someone else. Q&A below.

D3.7 & D5.341
When an AFV has its MA disabled, but cannot exit by Friendly Board Edge (e.g. a roadblock cuts exit through only bridge of flooded stream), must: a) the crew abandon AFV or b) the AFV move to the limit of exit possibility ?

A. They would go as far as they can and then have to Abandon the AFV.

Last edited:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Mm 54
Stew's Germans managed to stave off John Lehman's Russian onslaught.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Dear players!

Each time you get an email with your new opponent, you also get a link by which you can report your game. Not using that link and only sending me an email or posting the result here causes me a lot of additional work. I like getting emails from you, and it's great that you post here, but if you do, please ALSO enter your game in the automated system. That way, you keep the workload manageable for me. Thank you!

In other news: Emails for round 2 are out. Have fun. The deadline is 1st May.

Kind regards,

Your T.D.

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
@Luca: Your mailbox is over quota.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Dear players!

Each time you get an email with your new opponent, you also get a link by which you can report your game. Not using that link and only sending me an email or posting the result here causes me a lot of additional work. I like getting emails from you, and it's great that you post here, but if you do, please ALSO enter your game in the automated system. That way, you keep the workload manageable for me. Thank you!

In other news: Emails for round 2 are out. Have fun. The deadline is 1st May.

Kind regards,

Your T.D.
Link is invalid.
Extension was to this morning but its invalid at this time.

Thanks

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Link is invalid.
Extension was to this morning but its invalid at this time.
Did I extend the deadline to this morning?

But no worries, yours was one of the results I found here or in my inbox so it was taken into account when I prepared round 2.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Did I extend the deadline to this morning?

But no worries, yours was one of the results I found here or in my inbox so it was taken into account when I prepared round 2.
it ended around 4am on my Sunday time...we finished the game Sat my time.
Thanks!

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Herbert Heyman and Tom Jazbutis finished a game of Second Hand News (ROMA2) with Mr. Jazbutis' Partisans & Italians eking out a tight win over Mr. Heyman's SS. The dicebot givith, and the dicebot takith away.

Very tight little scenario with a very unique and interesting situation thanks to designer Pete Shelling.

Last edited:

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Domovic's Russians defeated Paul Lauger's Germans in AP169 - The Beasts Have Arrived. It was set in 1944 Ukraine.

My 57LL in the rear VB took out two Tigers with CHs, which helped make Paul's last turn rush fall short.

Good game and opponent, my rolls averaged just under 7.0 Paul's just above 7.0.