Operation Neptune British 3inch MTR

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just received this last week (it looks fantastic) and had a quick question about the British
3 inch MTR.

I notice that in ON2, ON3, and ON9, the said MTR is the "correct" 81mm, while in ON6 and the
CG, the MTR is the original 76mm.

I am curious as to why. Now, one possible answer is that play testing was done with one or the
other and, instead of a delay for a very very minor thing, BFP wanted to get ON published.

For me, I really don't care which mortar it is, so long as the pack I'm purchasing looks interesting,
is professionally done, and fun to play. Also, I want the publisher to give good support when needed.
BFP does all of those things and more, imho.

Thank you for a great looking pack! I'm looking forward to playing the scenarios.

indy

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just received this last week (it looks fantastic) and had a quick question about the British
3 inch MTR.

I notice that in ON2, ON3, and ON9, the said MTR is the "correct" 81mm, while in ON6 and the
CG, the MTR is the original 76mm.

I am curious as to why. Now, one possible answer is that play testing was done with one or the
other and, instead of a delay for a very very minor thing, BFP wanted to get ON published.

For me, I really don't care which mortar it is, so long as the pack I'm purchasing looks interesting,
is professionally done, and fun to play. Also, I want the publisher to give good support when needed.
BFP does all of those things and more, imho.

Thank you for a great looking pack! I'm looking forward to playing the scenarios.

indy
Somebody walked into a war museum with some calipers. Indeed, the 3” mortar measured 81mm.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Somebody walked into a war museum with some calipers. Indeed, the 3” mortar measured 81mm.
I get that...I'm wondering why both counters are present in ON. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

indy

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paging Rick Reinesch. Please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Duh! My mess up. When I originally laid the scenarios out, at the time the counter was the 76mm version. That has since been officially corrected to the 81mm designation, at which point I updated the counters. I thought I'd corrected them all, and none of the proofers caught it either. I'll create sticky errata for it soon, as soon as the initial batch of notes, questions and errata settles down. Luckily there isn't a lot that has come in.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Duh! My mess up. When I originally laid the scenarios out, at the time the counter was the 76mm version. That has since been officially corrected to the 81mm designation, at which point I updated the counters. I thought I'd corrected them all, and none of the proofers caught it either. I'll create sticky errata for it soon, as soon as the initial batch of notes, questions and errata settles down. Luckily there isn't a lot that has come in.
Hey Rick,

Thanks for the reply. Frankly, given the overall quality of the product, this is a tiny thing! ON looks great!

indy

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I believe/think that was Ian Daglish when the FKaC module was being developed. But that WAS many years ago and my mind has not had a "data dump" in many years....
I believe it was Charles Markus, who wrote the article in the annual about the British Army in WW2.