VBM Entry on a half hex?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
solicitor or barrister?

Had an interesting conversation with a friend about the phrase attorney at law. I had to explain that the phrase related to the old system in which law and equity courts were separate but now merged. Antiquated phrase.
Lol, lawyer ! I knew it !

I’ll say it straight, if you need a lawyer you want a great one. If you need an engineer an average one will probably do.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
solicitor or barrister?

Had an interesting conversation with a friend about the phrase attorney at law. I had to explain that the phrase related to the old system in which law and equity courts were separate but now merged. Antiquated phrase.
Solicitor

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Prediction: Perry is going to split the baby and say you can temporarily move through the vertex from the off board direction as long as you keep moving. Just to prove us all wrong.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In AP's example, could two vehicles share the CAFP at J10-K10-K1, one at the J10-K10 hexside and one that the J10-K1 hexside? D2.31 says, "yes." But two vehicles cannot share the same hexside with different CAFP. The unit is on the hexside even if LOS/LOF is measured from the CAFP -- if D2.31 applies as written.
I think this is the most supportive rule for the "Hexside" view vs the "CAFP" view. You can not have more than one vehicle on a hexside, no matter what CAFP they use, but you could potentially have 3 vehicles sharing one common CAFP, just as long as they are all on the different hexsides that share that CAFP.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think this is the most supportive rule for the "Hexside" view vs the "CAFP" view. You can not have more than one vehicle on a hexside, no matter what CAFP they use, but you could potentially have 3 vehicles sharing one common CAFP, just as long as they are all on the different hexsides that share that CAFP.
Should that matter? There's precedent for mutiple units occupying the same Location. Shrug?

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Should that matter? There's precedent for mutiple units occupying the same Location. Shrug?
But not the same hexside.

2.31 RESTRICTIONS: VBM is not allowed in any rubble hex, across any hexside connected directly to a roadblock hexside (B29.4), or in any hex containing a ground-level terrain Blaze. VBM is allowed only in woods/building hexes and only to Bypass those specific obstacles—not other terrain depictions which may be in the same hex. VBM is not allowed along a hexside already containing another Bypass vehicle/wreck along that hexside.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Frank Lloyd Wrong
A few years ago, I visited Chicago with my wife and we did the architecture tour by boat. Obviously Frank Lloyd Wright was a feature of the tour since he designed many of the buildings that we were looking at.
According to the guide, FLW was once cited to give evidence in court. After being sworn in, he was asked by the attorney who was leading him in evidence to state his full name.
”Frank Lloyd Wright”, he replied.
”And what is your occupation?”
“I am the world’s greatest architect”
At this point the judge interjected,
”Is that not a little immodest, Mr Wright?”
”Well, I swore to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!”

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few years ago, I visited Chicago with my wife and we did the architecture tour by boat. Obviously Frank Lloyd Wright was a feature of the tour since he designed many of the buildings that we were looking at.
According to the guide, FLW was once cited to give evidence in court. After being sworn in, he was asked by the attorney who was leading him in evidence to state his full name.
The need for a middle name is the tip off he’s out of his mind. Lol

Truly great people simplify their names like ‘Cher’ or ‘Fish’.

Last edited:

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That place where you live and work, your whole life, is just one of my thoughts. :)

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct, the last sentence of A2.3 makes it a woods hex. Woods hexes are rarely solid woods, this is half woods with the rest being open ground.View attachment 20678
If it's open ground in the offboard half-hex or the offboard half-hex is the mirror image of the onboard half-hex in L20 do the bypass rules change for entry? All you need to know is if the mirror offboard hexisde is bypassable which you can measure with the reciprocal onboard hexside. If the center dot of L20 is in woods isn't that all you need to know as Bendis has drawn? Stanleeto can be walked along all those vertice CAFP'S.