New England Volunteers 2022 Starter Kit Scenario design contest

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
New England Volunteers 2022 Starter Kit Scenario design contest

Hello and I hope 2022 is off to the best start for all!! New England Volunteers is announcing a Starter Kit scenario design contest for 2022 open to everyone. The guidelines are below. The whole point here is to have fun and encourage people to design scenarios!! Please consider dusting off that old half completed design or coming up with a new one for the contest!

2022 NEV SK Scenario Design Contest Guidelines:

#1) All scenario submissions should be sent to Jgochinski at yahoo dot com Please indicate “scenario design contest” in the subject line. Submissions will be accepted until April 4th (10 weeks from 1/24) I will keep everyone informed on the progress of the contest. Please remember I am NOT a judge; I am just handling the logistics of the contest. The Judges will be announced after the contest. Please submit your scenario in PDF or word doc form!!

#2) This will be a “blind” contest, three judges are in the wings waiting and will review the submitted scenarios, which will have no information on the designer. It is ok to say you have submitted a scenario, but please keep the “detail” to a minimum on the design, forces, time, place, etc. This is something I think is different and hopefully will encourage first time designers to step up.

#3) The scenarios can be on any World War Two/Korean war historical situation and will use officially published Starter Kit material from MMP only in the design(s).

#4) There will prizes given for the contest:

1st place: $40

2nd Place: $30

3rd place: $25

4 and 5th Place: A free copy of the next New England Volunteers Play Pack.

All others a free Copy of the Next New England Volunteers Postcard scenario!

#5) Announcement of Winners: Judging should take 4 to 6 weeks depending on the number of entries and winners will be announced by roughly the end of April thru the middle of May.

#6) What do with scenarios? After the contest is complete, I really wish to have the world see the scenarios!! These scenarios are NOT the property of New England Volunteers, but if I can get enough, I would like to make them into a Playpack, obviously playtesting would have to occur before publication. The designers would receive a free copy of the Playpack if published. This is not set in stone, after the contest is completed, I can work with the designers to get the scenarios out in some form!!

#7) If you wish to submit a scenario and have questions, please contact me at my email. No one is under any obligations, let's have some fun and get some scenarios designed!! 🙂

THANKS!

Joe

Last edited:

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there any particular way you'd like submissions formatted, either in terms of text layout or file type?
Hello and thanks!!

Format is what is good for you, please send to me as a word doc or PDF file..

regards
Joe

2emecuirassier

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Gerard
Country
llFrance
pdf Scenario sent to you Joe , a few days ago. Did you receive it ?
from my email (gvandervelden at free dot fr )

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two more questions for you:

1) Is there a limit on number of scenarios submitted per person?

2) Looking at guideline #3: Does "will use officially published Starter Kit material from MMP only in the design(s)" mean that scenarios should be limited to the counters available in a single set of SK products? In other words, while it's clear that I could submit a scenario that uses King Tigers, could I submit a scenario that uses three or four of them despite only two counters being provided in SK 3 (and none in any other SK product)?

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Two more questions for you:

1) Is there a limit on number of scenarios submitted per person?

2) Looking at guideline #3: Does "will use officially published Starter Kit material from MMP only in the design(s)" mean that scenarios should be limited to the counters available in a single set of SK products? In other words, while it's clear that I could submit a scenario that uses King Tigers, could I submit a scenario that uses three or four of them despite only two counters being provided in SK 3 (and none in any other SK product)?

Hello, thanks for the questions:

#1) No limit, the more the better.

#2) If a design has "extra" counters required over and above the official MMP mix, that is fine.. (just no 3rd party counters or maps)
It would be best to make note in the scenario and perhaps suggest a substitute that can used by players if they only have one set of counters.
A number of scenarios primarily ASL have done this, so I see no "issue" if this is done, again, this should be spelled out within the scenario.

I hope you submit a scenario or two :)

Thanks!!

Best,
Joe

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

Still plenty of time to submit a scenario :)

Any questions please feel free to ask or PM me..

Best,
Joe

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

Thanks for the emails and scenarios, still time to design a scenario..

Thanks
Joe

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

First off thanks for all who submitted a scenario!!

No worries on withdrawn scenarios, I have no issues and understand 🙂

I need to format them, so they are "blind" for the judges and send them to out. 2 to 4 days or so on that.

I will post updates in the coming weeks, stay tuned.

THANKS!
Joe