New challenge

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Panzer I Ausf.A mit Panzer Ill turm und Holzgasgenerator. Educational tank made on the chassis of the Panzer I Ausf.A with Panzer III turrret and hull and a gas generator installed for fuel saving (1942/43).

I got first notice of it taking a look at this book: Beute-Kraftfahrzeuge und Panzer der Deutschen Wehrmacht by Walter J Spielberger…. But I don’t understand German, just looking at the drawings and photos… :cautious::cautious:

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Carr, Wpns, 4x4, Carriage, Motor, 37mm Gun, T8.

Ford, “Swamp Buggy”, 37mm gun fired forward, 4x4, circa 1941. Fifteen vehicles were built and tested. Project ended in favor of the 37mm Gun Motor Carriage, M6. Two vehicles were later modified into the Observation Post Tender T1 & T2 and at least a few vehicles were bought by the Dutch for the Neatherlands East Indies.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Whatever it is, it has jack for ground clearance...
Daleks can levitate. Galaxy conquering baddies can't be stopped by stairs or a low impedance.

If you get the low impedance reference I commend you.😉

Lol one of my favorite songs has that as a lyric.

I've got a low impedance
She's got a rocky terrain.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Daleks can levitate. Galaxy conquering baddies can't be stopped by stairs or a low impedance.

If you get the low impedance reference I commend you.😉

Lol one of my favorite songs has that as a lyric.

I've got a low impedance
She's got a rocky terrain.
How dare you!

Not the sort of vehicle that would ever be driven by someone with the style or dash of Errol Flynn…

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A Vespa! Why couldn't I see the resemblance?
In fact, there IS a resemblance of sorts - with regard to the tricycle-like front.
When seeing the vehicle, it DID remind me of what follows below.

This is the basic concept of a "civilian" version, the first of which was produced post WW2 in 1947. Actually, these are STILL in production today:

The Germans had "tricycle" trucks as well for civilian use, which were somewhat larger than their Italian counterparts, called Goliath, but production also began only WW2:

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Excellent!
I bought that album in 1976 as a second hand cassette from a school mate. The lyrics are still embedded in my head. 10 CC must be one of the most under appreciated bands of all time. I‘m impressed that their reach extended to the US!