OK - who has played this?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Sheldon Cooper played it. That nerd of "The Big Bang Theory". I remember watching a sequel throughout which he lays out the plan and game pieces.

I thougt: "Well, now that looks interesting!" 🤣

One note on the Jerry Cans the Germans used:

In France 1940 (and later), these were of tactical advantage. The French armor was supported by fuel trucks. Each fuel truck could gas up only one or two French tanks at a time making this a very time consuming operation. The Germans with their Jerry Cans were more flexible. Basically any vehicle could transport them. They could be distributed (and recollected) quickly and it allowed a much more simultaneous refueling of German panzers and vehicles compared to the French approach.

EDIT:
Indeed, the Wikipedia entry even notes this:

The Campaign for North Africa was featured in an eleventh season episode of The Big Bang Theory called "The Neonatal Nomenclature". Bernadette is pregnant and past her due date. All members of the main cast try various tactics to get labor started, except for Sheldon Cooper, who instead tries to convince everyone to play CNA in order to pass the time while waiting. Despite Sheldon's enthusiasm towards the intricate details of the game, his friends show little interest.

von Marwitz

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I read somewhere that one of the behind-the-scenes but important advances the US made in logistics was the standardization of shipping palettes.

It'd be hyperbolic to claim Nerds Won The War, but ... ;)

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I would like to play it but only as part of a team of 5+ players.

BTW I have the space and it's secure from everything short of global worming. :LOL:

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't you hate it, when that global worm comes right through your basement!

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can preorder it now:

Thanks for the link to the product, I'm glad that I examined this listing closely before committing to placing an order.
I certainly appreciate products with exceptional counter and map aesthetics (BFP and LFT being prime examples).
That being said, I was a bit put off by the accuracy of some of the counter images for this product as displayed on their website. For example, all of the medium bomber counters, whether it be a B-25, JU-88, Do-17, etc., displayed the silhouette of a 4-engined heavy bomber. In the same fashion, all of the armor units despite being labled as 'Sherman' or 'M-13', displayed the silhouette which is clearly that of a Pz IIIH.

Obviously I can't offer an opinion of what effect if any these artistic decision would have upon gameplay (if any). I know that as one who loves attractive and generally accurate artwork in a history-based game product, I am completely put off by the product images which I have seen for North African Campaign.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
For example, all of the medium bomber counters, whether it be a B-25, JU-88, Do-17, etc., displayed the silhouette of a 4-engined heavy bomber. In the same fashion, all of the armor units despite being labled as 'Sherman' or 'M-13', displayed the silhouette which is clearly that of a Pz IIIH.

Obviously I can't offer an opinion of what effect if any these artistic decision would have upon gameplay (if any).
Well, for the trueborn nerd who cares for the percentage of fuel evaporation from various sizes of Jerry Cans, this can and has to be described with one single word:

ANATHEMA!

von Marwitz

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, for the trueborn nerd who cares for the percentage of fuel evaporation from various sizes of Jerry Cans, this can and has to be described with one single word:

ANATHEMA!

von Marwitz
Yes, and I was really excited about learning the Italian Army pasta water supply rules.