Off-board stacking

LionelR

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Hi,

New units have to be setup off-board in the RPh. Are there any stacking limits?

Glad for all comments

Lionel

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Set up like you would in a normal hex. That's the basic rule.
This is correct for ASL proper. And in ASL proper, units may move in offboard hexes as if open ground. For ASLSK this is not spelled out AFAIK. The discussion on setup is in 3.3, and it is not particularly specific as to the mechanics of offboard in ASLSK. I recommend playing the ASL rules when the ASLSK rules don't seem to be complete, but other players may choose otherwise.

JR

Megaloman

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I recommend playing the ASL rules when the ASLSK rules don't seem to be complete
A good general advice. I also recommend SK players to buy the pocket rulebook for these occasions. Makes you more familiar with many rules and encourages you to read more.

LionelR

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
just bought a 2nd hand 2nd edition RB with Binder for 15€ and started to read the rules. Fascinating!

LionelR

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Well, I do intend to go to full ASL. But there are few 'buts'.
- First I am a very slow learner.
- 2. I have invested my precious resources in SK1-3 and I do not intend to throw it away
- I am actually since August at my 3rd scenario in SK1
- my time for ASL is extremely short and volatile. I have no time for FtF, but am doing a PBEM at the moment.

But there's another 'but': once I have played at least all of the SK1 scenario's, I might try an all-infantry scenario in full ASL.

So it might take still a bit of time until I go into full ASL. I am a bit like a diesel engine. Slow to start, but once it gets going...

But thanks for the encouragement

Cheers,
Lionel

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There is no reason to get rid of ASLSK: the components are fully compatible with ASL. The rules are also compatible in that if there is a rule in ASLSK, that rule is also in ASL. The ASL rules are a superset of the rules found in ASLSK.

JR

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
There are no hexes Offboard. Stacking is Onboard only.
How would you read A2.51 : "... Entrance of an offboard setup hex on the way to entering the mapboard always costs the standard Open Ground MF/MP rate per hex...", if there are no hexes offboard?
Try again.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
How would you read A2.51 : "... Entrance of an offboard setup hex on the way to entering the mapboard always costs the standard Open Ground MF/MP rate per hex...", if there are no hexes offboard?
Try again.
I believe he is taking about the SK rules. There it is not spelled out like that.

Maybe someone will drop MMP a question and ask for clarification on of these days.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Ah ok.
Missed the fact that this the SK place.