New members introduce yourself here

Bombtech

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy, folks. I’m new here, and am I glad to have found you guys! See, I’m a new ASLer, and having dove into the deep end, I’ll be needing a lifeguard or three. I’ve had ASL for a while but never really had the time to devote to it. I recently retired and I’m ready to give it a go. I’ve got the VASL stuff all set up, but I’m still getting acquainted with the intricacies. The rules are coming. I have a decent grasp of the basic infantry stuff but I’ve not delved into vehicles much. Does anyone have advice on a good starter scenario? I know most of the guys here are seasoned veterans that may not relish the idea of helping a novice along, but I’d like to get a game of PBEM going soon. Anyway, good to be here, and I look forward to the journey.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Welcome and I am sure you will find seasoned players here who are willing to help you.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Dont be concerned about mastering the rules before you start playing.

Remember to have fun and roll low.

Good luck!

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Bombtech, I will be more than happy to give you a game via PBeM I will be away from Thursday at a ASL tourney but once back I can into it.

Send me a personal message with your email address and we can sort something out if you have not had enough offers

Ian

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Hi Bombtech, I will be more than happy to give you a game via PBeM I will be away from Thursday at a ASL tourney but once back I can into it.

Send me a personal message with your email address and we can sort something out if you have not had enough offers

Ian
It's good for these new players that you're so willing to give them some early, morale boosting, wins.

I applaud you. In fact I salute you.

Bombtech

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow! Those are very helpful as are the videos. So much info to be gleaned on here. I noticed the eASL rule book was released. In general, how has it been received?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Keep talking dirty to me...

You remind me more and more of those random Friend Requests I get on Facebook from young, attactive, Eastern European women.
And everybody knows, that, in realty, it is a sweaty, overweight unshaved mafioso, in a dirty wifebeater, working in a musty cellar.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Keep talking dirty to me...

You remind me more and more of those random Friend Requests I get on Facebook from young, attactive, Eastern European women.
And everybody knows, that, in realty, it is a sweaty, overweight unshaved mafioso, in a dirty wifebeater, working in a musty cellar.
I see you both are talking about me again...