Inor ERRATA

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
This thread to gather the erratas for 'The green hell of Inor'.
The errata will be also available on LFT website.

Scenarios and CGs :

INOR CG II and CIII

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ignore SSR 5 for the French units setting up in Inor village.

The controls conditions of the following geographical are missing in rule 3.i. They are used mainly for the first scenario of CG II and III.

Name (English Name)Control
Bois de La Hache
(La Hache Woods )
For VC purpose, a side controls the Woods if ≤ 10 hexes are No man’s land/enemy Controlled.
Inor – Malandry Woods roadFor VC purpose, a side controls the Woods road if no Road or adjacent hexes are enemy Controlled
Inor – Mouzon roadFor VC purpose, a side controls the road if no Road or adjacent hexes are enemy Controlled
Village of InorFor VC purpose, a side controls the village if ≤ 5 buildings hexes are no man’s land/enemy Controlled

• FT INOR 1 : On Turn track 4, ignore the German Cross. All the Germans enter on Turn 1.
  • The gun starts the game under Tow of the wagon.
  • FT INOR 2 & 10 : Ignore SSR 3.
  • FT INOR7 : Clarification : The German group 2 cannot setup in plowed fields hexes.
SSR 4 : 2nd sentence : The rule reference for Bombardment should be CG 5.1 not INOR11.
  • FT INOR 12 :
    • Clarification : Fallen rubbles are ignored for victory conditions
  • FT INOR 15 :
    • The French unit that setup up level 4 should setup on level 5.
Counters :
Groupes Francs : The 458 squads have a broken morale of 8, as displayed on the counters. Same for the 248 : use the printed value of their broken side.
The 537 should have their moral underlined.

The broken moral of 237 colonial / Legion / RTA should be 6 (some have 5)
The broken moral of 227 green hs should 5 for all counters.

The 37* inf SW should be b12 not b11 as marked on the counter.

Rules:
- The following sentence should be at the end of rule CG3 not CG4
"At the end of Defenders Game Turn 7, no dr is required as the scenario automatically comes to an end."

- Only guns manned by crew (not infantry HS) may setup emplaced.

- In CGs, all vehicles bought are considered to have no optional Armement.

- 7.2122 Artillery Interdiction Delays : In the table, second line 'Effect of Depletion DR' should be 'Effect of interdiction DR' (Thanks Houlie for reporting this one)

-7.24 p 32 If the German choose Day attack and the French Night Attack, the scenario will be a Dual Dawn attack not a Day German attack.

INTERDICTION Charts
For German RG I6
D1 level should be 1 MMG and 2 HMG
D2 level should be 2 MMG and 1 HMG (thks Phil D for reorting this one)

Clarifications about German EVP in the CGs :
The Germans may exit troops every scenario along the S edge or within one hex of UU44 (CG VP definition p6). These EVP only count if at the moment of the exit (see CG Victory Points (CG VP) p5 of the rules) the Inor Mouzon Road (3.i : All paved road hexes from B1 to H45) is German Controlled (even for U44 exit area).
  • These troops will be available again for the next scenario (if they were GO and if the road was German controlled...)
  • These evp will count as CG VP (to win the campaign) only if they are exited on the last scenario of the CG for CGII and III, for the other scenarios they will help give VP for the Germans to win the scenario and they will also adversely impact the French CPP replenishment (7.17 p27).
  • In CG1 a maximum of 3 CG VP can be earn by exiting troops. No such limit in CG II and III.
  • Remember that for each 5 EVP of German troops exited along the South edge map (and within one hex of U44) during the preceding scenario, the French replenishment DR will have a +1 DRM (7.17 p27)..
  • Notes :The road in B47, J45, or R17 are Narrow streets.

Last edited:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ignore SSR 5 for the French units setting up in Inor village.
Do you mean these?

Initial Scenario Rules
CGII 5. No French Personnel may voluntarily leave (including Voluntary Break) its Setup Area before Turn 2 (unless Berserk).
CGIII 5. No French Personnel may voluntarily leave its Setup Area before Turn 2 (unless Berserk) .

FT INOR 2 & 10 : Ignore SSR 3.
FT INOR 10 SSR3 also says "MGs manned by crews have a B12" .. this stays unchanged, correct?

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Do you mean these?

Initial Scenario Rules
CGII 5. No French Personnel may voluntarily leave (including Voluntary Break) its Setup Area before Turn 2 (unless Berserk).
CGIII 5. No French Personnel may voluntarily leave its Setup Area before Turn 2 (unless Berserk) .

Yes

FT INOR 10 SSR3 also says "MGs manned by crews have a B12" .. this stays unchanged, correct?

Yes

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This thread to gather the erratas for 'The green hell of Inor'.
The errata will be also available on LFT website.

Errata :
INOR CG II and CIII
Ignore SSR 5 for the French units setting up in Inor village.

• FT INOR 1 : On Turn track 4, ignore the German Cross. All the Germans enter on Turn 1.
  • FT INOR 2 & 10 : Ignore SSR 3.
Groupes Francs : The 458 squads have a broken morale of 8, as displayed on the counters. Same for the 248 : use the printed value of their broken side.
The 537 should have their moral underlined.

Notes :
The road in B47, J45, or R17 are Narrow streets.
Thanks for setting this up, I know me and my brother are becoming annoying with all of the threads. Now we can annoy you in a single thread!!!

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Thanks for setting this up, I know me and my brother are becoming annoying with all of the threads. Now we can annoy you in a single thread!!!
No problem !
We spent a lot of time correcting and editing everything with many people involved and despite that errors are still found :(.

Lionel

Qwirz

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi!
In the Inor CG2 OB, the french Company must set up in RESERVE. Are also allowed the three cloaking dummies? 7.202 refers to "purchased" RGs.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I haven't seen this commented on either here or on the French forum: the broken morale of some French HS counters is inconsistent.

The usual scheme is to have HS lose 1ML on the broken side, or 2ML when Green/Conscript. This is not what happens with the French counters in Inor:

• broken 248 have ML 7; this is consistent
  • broken 237 have ML6 (Légion Étrangère, Groupes Francs; consistent), except Colonial Troops (5)
  • broken 227 (Legion Étrangère and Colonial Troops both) have 6 (should be 5); Tirailleurs Algériens are consistent (5)
So maybe the Broken morale of the Colonial Troop HS should be switched between the 237 (1st line) and 227 (Green)? (and the Légion 227 should have 5 - or maybe they were designed to have 6, though I don't see why)

Also, a number of the Elite/1st Line squads and HS have a DC pictogram and increased Smoke Exponent for squads, so I interpret this as meaning they are intended as Assault Engineers, but I don't see any use for them in either the scenarios or the CGs; some RGs are indicated as Sappers, but this should not warrant the increased Smoke Exponent, right? (also - 1st line Assault Engineers? this is new to me)

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
I haven't seen this commented on either here or on the French forum: the broken morale of some French HS counters is inconsistent.

The usual scheme is to have HS lose 1ML on the broken side, or 2ML when Green/Conscript. This is not what happens with the French counters in Inor:

• broken 248 have ML 7; this is consistent
  • broken 237 have ML6 (Légion Étrangère, Groupes Francs; consistent), except Colonial Troops (5)
  • broken 227 (Legion Étrangère and Colonial Troops both) have 6 (should be 5); Tirailleurs Algériens are consistent (5)
So maybe the Broken morale of the Colonial Troop HS should be switched between the 237 (1st line) and 227 (Green)? (and the Légion 227 should have 5 - or maybe they were designed to have 6, though I don't see why)

Also, a number of the Elite/1st Line squads and HS have a DC pictogram and increased Smoke Exponent for squads, so I interpret this as meaning they are intended as Assault Engineers, but I don't see any use for them in either the scenarios or the CGs; some RGs are indicated as Sappers, but this should not warrant the increased Smoke Exponent, right? (also - 1st line Assault Engineers? this is new to me)
Thanks Phil, I have updated the errata with this.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
OK, so the intent is to follow the normal scheme (without the -1 Broken Morale penalty that "official" French units suffer). Thanks!

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A minor and probably inconsequential question. In the CG's vehicles that have optional armament, do they roll for it with the R.F. via Chapter H rule or do they automatically not have the optional weapon?

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
A minor and probably inconsequential question. In the CG's vehicles that have optional armament, do they roll for it with the R.F. via Chapter H rule or do they automatically not have the optional weapon?

Good question.
They have automatically no optional weapon.
Lionel

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just a clarification. In the fortification removal section of the refit phase, there is no penalty for rolling an original 6? It's not listed in the rule, just surprised as it seems, CR of a MMC is the "industry standard" in most CGs we have tried.

We played it that there is no penalty just seemed odd for him to clear a front line minefield with no risk after rolling a 1. I know he wouldn't have attempted it if he might lose a guy.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Just a clarification. In the fortification removal section of the refit phase, there is no penalty for rolling an original 6? It's not listed in the rule, just surprised as it seems, CR of a MMC is the "industry standard" in most CGs we have tried.

We played it that there is no penalty just seemed odd for him to clear a front line minefield with no risk after rolling a 1. I know he wouldn't have attempted it if he might lose a guy.
No risks but the success is not guaranted and you are limited in the number of attempts.
Regards

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Here's something strange I noticed in the German depletion tables... for RG I6 (Heavy Weapons platoon B, the one with the early war MGs):

D1 level is listed as having 2 MMG and 1 HMG (down 1 HMG from the full level)
D2 level is listed as having 1 MMG and 2 HMG (down 1 MMG from the full level)

Should the two be swapped? It would make sense.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Here's something strange I noticed in the German depletion tables... for RG I6 (Heavy Weapons platoon B, the one with the early war MGs):

D1 level is listed as having 2 MMG and 1 HMG (down 1 HMG from the full level)
D2 level is listed as having 1 MMG and 2 HMG (down 1 MMG from the full level)

Should the two be swapped? It would make sense.
Right, it should be the
D1 level is listed as having 1 MMG and 2 HMG
D2 level is listed as having 2 MMG and 1 HMG

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I just noticed this in the Escape table:

DR </=8: Escape (1)
DR 9: Escape,replaced (2)
DR 10: Escape, CR
DR 11: Escapes, CR = reduced
[1: A unit would that become disrupted is Casualty Reduced instead]
[2: Use Random Selection for stack of units]

I'm assuming the subscript 1 should be applicable to DR 9 & subscript 10 applicable to DR 10 & 11?