Dug in tanks

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dug in tanks are treated as armoured cupola...and, they are +1 targets, unless the vehicle is a +2...

So. If you're firing on them, do you have to go with a + coloured die / white die to hit the turret ?

TIA

haggis

Reaction score
Country
ll
Further to the answers supplied, is anyone able to answer the following question?

D9.54 states a Dug-in AFV IS hull down - all well and good. No mention of TEM
D4.2 describes hull down, it also states that the target can claim either hull down OR hex TEM

The issue I have is this, I have a stug in a stone building hex, that is set up as DUG-IN ( as per scenario SSR)
Is the Stug allowed to claim the in-hex TEM instead of Hull down, OR does it have to be a Hull Down target?

a) 2 hex range to hit versus the hull down stug DRM's would be +1 (for small target) -1 (range) - {coloured die less than white die}
b) 2 hex range to hit DRM's would be +1 (small target) +3 (TEM) -1 ( range) for net +3drm.

I believe it can only be "a)" due to wording of D9.54, but am prepared to be proved wrong ( as usual)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The AFV cannot claim TEM as per D9.54"...A Dug-In AFV is HD to all Direct Fire attacks [EXC: vs Aerial AF], has a +1 Target Size [EXC: if the AFV actually has a +2 Target Size], and does not create a Hindrance..." which is a higher numbered rule than D4.2 and is specific to Dug-In AFVs.

haggis

Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated as it was how I was also reading it.

BTW he missed :)