Will we ever see an official Battle of Berlin HASL from MMP?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I was wondering if, given that other third party producers have already done it, (many times) if we will ever see an official
Battle of Berlin HASL from MMP?

I find the battle very interesting (late war in general I find very interesting) and don't own any of the third party modules
so I was hoping that MMP might, eventually, work on and release their own Battle of Berlin set.

I am guessing that this is very unlikely though seeing as how it has been done before and that MMP has released numerous urban conflict HASL's over the years
(the most recent being the upcoming Manilla of course)

Does anyone think that this might ever be something that MMP would do?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah, I'd really like to see this, but, as I say, I kind of doubt it would ever happen

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I was wondering if, given that other third party producers have already done it, (many times) if we will ever see an official
Battle of Berlin HASL from MMP?

I find the battle very interesting (late war in general I find very interesting) and don't own any of the third party modules
so I was hoping that MMP might, eventually, work on and release their own Battle of Berlin set.

I am guessing that this is very unlikely though seeing as how it has been done before and that MMP has released numerous urban conflict HASL's over the years
(the most recent being the upcoming Manilla of course)

Does anyone think that this might ever be something that MMP would do?
I'd bet good money on this being a potential future project for the guys at Bounding Fire given their connections with the old Heat of Battle (eg. Onslaught to Orsha). What with HOB doing that absolutely wonderful Berlin module way back.

Mmmm.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya, the HoB module was excellent. I remember playing Eddie Zeman in a couple of scenarios of their Berlin Module back in the early 90's at ASLOK. The CH version is not bad either though the rules for the Riechstag were a bit wonky but still playable.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya, the HoB module was excellent. I remember playing Eddie Zeman in a couple of scenarios of their Berlin Module back in the early 90's at ASLOK. The CH version is not bad either though the rules for the Riechstag were a bit wonky but still playable.
There was a playtest group that produced some rules alterations to help with the CH Berlin modules. Both modules, Berlin: Fall of the 3rd Reich & Tyrant's Lair, are not bad modules at all.

HOB's Berlin module is still better but much harder to find.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'd bet good money on this being a potential future project for the guys at Bounding Fire given their connections with the old Heat of Battle (eg. Onslaught to Orsha). What with HOB doing that absolutely wonderful Berlin module way back.

Mmmm.
I never thought of that, here's hoping because that would be great

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania

Mmmm.
B:RV by HOB was/is one of my favorite HASLs. RB on steroids....what's not to love? Never looked at CH Berlin as there wuz no need to look any further.

I may have an extra copy if someone were willing to make an offer.....

Edit: I do have an extra copy, as well as a large hex version of the map.....

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
B:RV by HOB was/is one of my favorite HASLs. RB on steroids....what's not to love? Never looked at CH Berlin as there wuz no need to look any further.

2022 will be the 25th anniversary of BRV, so that might be a good time to re-issue it.

John Fedoriw

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
BRV was the first TPP product I ever bought. I remember being really impressed with it for a product produced by amateurs (and I DONT mean amateur here as a derogatory term BTW). I remember also being really impressed with how readily Eddie Zeman would respond to BRV rules questions. It really is a good module.

I bought KOTH soon after......thats a good one too (a contender for my favorite CG).

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've had B:RV for as long as I have been in ASL. I have CH's Tyrant's Lair. I didn't buy that one, got it a swag giveaway at a tournament. Berlin is my favorite subject of WWII. I said in another thread that I am done buying. But I would pony up cash for an official Berlin Module.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have BRV and both CH Berlin modules. Honestly I liked BRV but the maps and possible scenarios of the CH modules are way better. As TopT said a group of guys was reworking the rules and honestly doing a great job. When Edo was here I was helping him with some info. I think Tapio rejected it because his buddy developed the Berlin HASL.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still have my large HoB version of BRV. I plan to sell alot of ASL stuff I do not play anymore BUT my HoB and BFP stuff will always stay on my game table.