Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Last night I was able to look at the latest offering from LFT green hell of Inor, lot of stuff in it and a load of very nice counters and maps, another winner from LFT

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Last night I was able to look at the latest offering from LFT green hell of Inor, lot of stuff in it and a load of very nice counters and maps, another winner from LFT
That's really cool Olli, when you said you had a package from LFT waiting for you I was pretty sure it must be Green hell of inor waiting for you. It looks cool

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
It's always great to get new stuff but I always find it a bit of a chore sorting it all out, I still need to put all my latest scenario packs into my binders, not looking forward to that at all
Yeah it certainly is a chore. Which is why new stuff gets sorted only every few years. That way I can set aside several days for it and get it all done in one go.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah it certainly is a chore. Which is why new stuff gets sorted only every few years. That way I can set aside several days for it and get it all done in one go.
yeah, that sounds like a good plan to be honest, I tend to only do bits and pieces in dribs and drabs, I really ought to get a move on with those latest Action Packs though

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yah thanks, after tracing the crewmen, I was thinking what did I get myself into but I was at the garage waiting for the car to get fixed so it was time I could get lost getting my creative "needs" taken care of.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yah thanks, after tracing the crewmen, I was thinking what did I get myself into but I was at the garage waiting for the car to get fixed so it was time I could get lost getting my creative "needs" taken care of.
An excellent use of your time Sir! Next time the vehicle needs serviced please do a rendition of the kitty. I luv's me the kitties. 🥰

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Uh-oh! Now you've dunnit. :oops:

Don't complain when a throng of ASLs will soon be sneaking around your premises in the dark bashing your car in order to create a need to get it fixed - so that you have more time for your "creative needs". ;)

von Marwitz

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have a little experience with AI and can say that this must have been a sh*t load of work.
Even after doing Image Trace? Just curious how much time one would want to spend cleaning things up after doing Image Trace. I tend to think that if the original result isn't close enough, I'd rather not put in 3 hours cleaning things. But hey, the devil's in the details, as we know.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Even after doing Image Trace? Just curious how much time one would want to spend cleaning things up after doing Image Trace. I tend to think that if the original result isn't close enough, I'd rather not put in 3 hours cleaning things. But hey, the devil's in the details, as we know.
Live Trace is fickle, and not particularly "clean." It works best with high contrast images.

But, as I said, I'm not a graphic artist and therefore don't use AI to its fullest.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Live Trace is fickle, and not particularly "clean." It works best with high contrast images.
Totally agree. I just find myself thinking if I tweaked Live Trace for 10 minutes more, I could save myself an hour of cleaning up after. Shrug.

Back to the subject, Today in ASL I... finished the buildings to the east of the bridge. Almost done to the west.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Yah thanks, after tracing the crewmen, I was thinking what did I get myself into
Could probably have saved yourself some trouble by omitting the crewman on the hull - apparently he had just gotten a haircut and jumped up there in time for the photographer. In action, of course, he would have been inside the tank. Loaders were always angry at the war photographers because they had no hatches and kept getting left out of the photos.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was never trained to use that tool. When I tried it, it gave me a high contrast image but I couldn't seem to view the vectors. I'd imagine you'd need to do a lot of cutting and splicing. My version is pretty old so maybe the newer versions are better.