High Ground 2 Errata

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
HG-07 "Bonny Nouvelle"

Hi,

In HG-07, SSR2 allows the (Vichy) French to set up as if the British enter from offboard (although the fortifications don't get HIP).

So, all good for Bore Sighted Locations (C6.4) ?

John.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: HG-07 "Bonny Nouvelle"

Hi,

In HG-07, SSR2 allows the (Vichy) French to set up as if the British enter from offboard (although the fortifications don't get HIP).

So, all good for Bore Sighted Locations (C6.4) ?

John.
Yes, that is correct.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Re: HG2 Errata

In HG-5 "Tanks Take Rook", regarding the castle, castle-building hexes without printed stairwells are considered to have an inherent stairwell allowing for both Ground Level and First Floor Locations, for example oQ7. Hex oP6 has a printed stairwell and thus a Second Floor Location. Considering that Rooftops are in play by SBR, would a unit in oP6/lvl2 that moved into oQ7 be on the Rooftop in oQ7?

Sorry if the answer is obvious to everyone but me, but I have never played a scenario with Rooftops in play wherein there was, in effect, split-level buildings. Thanks.

EDIT: I just discovered the last sentence in the B23.8 Rooftops paragraph describing the eventuality of split-level buildings and the cost associated with the maneuver I described above. All appears to be in order, nothing to see here folks.....:hush:

Last edited:

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: HG2 Errata

The SSR is pretty clear that there are no rooftops in the hexes without printed stairwells.

It states those hexes ONLY have ground and first level locations, with an inherent stairwell. No mention of rooftop.

Peter J

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Seeking a clarification...
In HG-14 the balance option for the Germans is to 'Delete the HMG from the initial US OB'.
The initial OB has a HMG (.50cal) and a HMG. Is the latter the intended deletion? or is it the .50cal?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seeking a clarification...
In HG-14 the balance option for the Germans is to 'Delete the HMG from the initial US OB'.
The initial OB has a HMG (.50cal) and a HMG. Is the latter the intended deletion? or is it the .50cal?
Eliminate the latter.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Eliminate the latter.
Since the original question was asked twice -- and the order of reference in the two questions are reversed -- just saying "the latter" is unfortunately not very clear.

Would it be possible to answer the question by indicating exactly which counter is being referred to?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since the original question was asked twice -- and the order of reference in the two questions are reversed -- just saying "the latter" is unfortunately not very clear.

Would it be possible to answer the question by indicating exactly which counter is being referred to?
True, Bruce. The intent is to eliminate the generic HMG counter (i.e., the non-.50 cal HMG counter).

RollTide

Reaction score
First name
Hank
Country
llUnited States
Just got done playing HG-6, lots of ASL fun. On to HG-7.

HG-7 Bonny Nouvelle
Special Battle Rules #1 has G3(P9-O10).
The map graphic on the top left of the Scenario Card shows OG3

We are going with the SBR.

samtyson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just got done playing HG-6, lots of ASL fun. On to HG-7.

HG-7 Bonny Nouvelle
Special Battle Rules #1 has G3(P9-O10).
The map graphic on the top left of the Scenario Card shows OG3

We are going with the SBR.
Correct - my very old (2007) version had G3 as well on the image.