We're the People's Front of Judea!

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All

My 2 cents
I have been playing HOB Crucible of Steel slowly thru each one over years and still have many to go!! - and loved some I played them twice but now we have PROKHOROVKA with its really nice un boxing video showing the maps came from real photos and now coming this new product - Tread heads ++++ fix yes but one pauses to think...........

Is there ever going to be too many versions or scenarios in the one place? - We already have lots of Stalingrad... Normandy... - All with huge numbers of scenarios - some classics, some dogs - Deluxe vs Normal etc etc

Is this the way ASL should go - was the Finnish module or Korean Module such a failure? - Hatten gave us a unique snapshot - was that not a better direction

What ultimately is the right question to ask? - with many in our hobby now going to eternal rest - what is that question?

My thoughts (and no I am not drinking! so that I begin to sound like HONZA)

Cheers

Rob :unsure:
Crucible of Steel is from BFP, not HOB....:)

phlegm027

Reaction score
I sincerely don't know.
The classic settings still attract customers.
MMP hasn't HASLed Kursk nor Normandy yet.
I am now quite selective, because of my budget limits (I also invest in other, costly games, such as Solomon Kane, Thunderstone Quest and many boardgames) and because I realise that I never will have the time to play all that I already have.
I just ordered the LFT France 1940 "The Green Hell of Inor", because that period hits a soft point for me.
But I didn't preorder the Manila HASL.
I think that I will go for the Ste-Mère-Église HASL more readily than for the Ponyiri one.

We are indeed aging, but at the same time, we are living a very prolific period of ASL publications.
And as some people blame MMP for only producing core modules and scenario packs, we have proof here that the blame is wrong.
I am like a kid in a sweet shop, with so much choice that I don't know what to purchase.
Wonderful and disturbing at the same time.
So I will choose to see the bright side of the situation : carpe diem, buy what I can afford and what I am really interested in.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
What is a bit disheartening is that no one from MMP has given any indication of when they plan to slot this in.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
What is a bit disheartening is that no one from MMP has given any indication of when they plan to slot this in.
You could drop them an email. Not sure they follow GS all that closely.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
They rarely do when they haven't decided of the timing of production.

Zakopious

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We haven't gotten any word when "Sword & Fire: Manila" will be going to the printers//will be ready for assembling//ready for shipping to the many pre-orders.
"Rising Sun" and "Hollow Legions {3d Ed} are slowly being printed+cut [perhaps by Christmas 2021].
The Normandy HASL may be ready to go on the pre-order list, ahead of "Ponyri" (just a WAG on my part).
Let's keep in mind, the key word for all ASL players is PATIENCE.
From the bottom of the "Sword & Fire: Manila" page on the MMP website:
"Preorder Note: Due to the size and nature of this product, we'e putting it on preorder before it is print-ready to assure the validity of its sales before further investing in the high cost of development and printing required for its completion. Depending on how preorders progress, there may (or may not be) a lag in final production after it hits its 950 preorders, but the sooner it hits, the sooner it will come out. "

"Sword & Fire: Manila" hit the preorder number after seven days.
Thus, we can be sure that MMP is working on making it print ready.
Your guess is as good as mine as to when it will arrive in our mailboxes.