crew of an immobile recall AFV

fabiofotomoto

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Hi
what's happens to a crew of an immobile AFV under Recall? It has to exif from the map as it drive the AFV? or the crew can stay on map and fight?
thanks Fabio

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The crew abandons the vehicle (D5.341). And the crew is forbidden to re-enter the vehicle afterwards.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The crew abandons the vehicle (D5.341). And the crew is forbidden to re-enter the vehicle afterwards.
It was to some temporary annoyance that I learned about this little rules gem in my just completed Dinant CG... :)
"D5.341... A bogged/immobilized Recalled AFV must be Abandoned instead; its crew is no longer obliged to leave the board, but may not re-crew that AFV."

The prohibition to reenter a vehicle seems to be limited to the exact one which had to be Abandoned while under Recall.
So the Crew could enter another Abandoned vehicle I believe.

Under normal circumstances, this situation will rarely arise. But in a Campaign Game such as Dinant, an opportunity to take advantage of this might indeed present itself.

von Marwitz

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Under normal circumstances, this situation will rarely arise. But in a Campaign Game such as Dinant, an opportunity to take advantage of this might indeed present itself.
I was the Germans in Dinant and one of my tanks got immobilized and the crew abandoned it...and there were no other immobilized vehicles sitting around.

They were last seen on a raft crossing the river...:)