AP163 Dingoes At Damour - AAR

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
You aren't catching fires all game long...Burn and let it go...can be used to SPLIT the board in half.
He will have to split his forces as well.

Defense isn't the "Fortress kind"
Mortar and vehicles are better used in a different defense.
OF course, depends on what your enemy is planning...Most creep forward to the buildings with all of the Dummies.

I hope to see it work out

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Well, if you give this scenario a go, be sure to let us know how your 'playing with fire' worked out. 😉

von Marwitz
It worked out exactly as I had planned it. DR's of 8 are easy to come by. 3 flames by end of turn 3 split the board in half.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Just remember Murphy's Law: Never Kindle something you might have to Rout towards.
No problem with routing here....its in front of me.
BUT you could torch the area between the middle buildings...that would REALLY be cool as that's one more MPh for him to try to get past. Hmmmmm

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It worked out exactly as I had planned it. DR's of 8 are easy to come by. 3 flames by end of turn 3 split the board in half.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad that it worked out for you.

Still, it is a tactic on which I would not place my bets if I were to play this one again. Even with Dry weather, you need to roll equal or greater to 10 to kindle Orchard and equal or greater to 8 for fire to spread in this terrain.

The Aussies first need some time to move to the place(s) where they need the fire, then get it going/spreading. If you got three flames by end of turn 3, then apparently you were rolling the right numbers.

von Marwitz