Cloaking counter and CX?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Purposely leaving out ?ments from your OB is misleading and goes against the Setup conditions on the Scenario Card.
You come back to this often - how is it misleading to not use OB-given "?" counters?

As far as I can tell (and I could be missing something) I see nothing section A12 that says one has to use OB-given "?" as dummy stacks.

EX #1:
I set up onboard and you enter from offboard. My OB includes 8 OB-given "?" counters. Since my opponent enter from offboard I can use the OB-given "?" to create dummy stacks and then conceal the rest for "free". However, I can just as well use the OB-given "?" counters to conceal my units, as I don't have to use them to create dummy stacks (as far as I can see). So in this case I have used my OB-given "?" to conceal my units.

EX #2:
We both set up on board, me first, my opponent second. I have 8 OB-given "?" to conceal my units with. I choose not use them (for whatever reason), so my opponent will see all my units are set up unconcealed. Sure, he will know I choose to to use my OB-given "?", but since he is the only one benefiting from this, how would it be misleading for him?

Maybe you can provide an example/situation where not using OB-given "?" is misleading?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Lol Jim beat me to it. Any good German synonyms for verboten?
Sure!

As the Eskimos have dozens of words for white or snow (I believe I heard that somewhere...), the Germans naturally contrieved a boatload of words to describe the nuances of things that are not allowed, for example disregarding a no-parking sign. ;)

veboten, unzulässig, untersagt, widerrechtlich, unrechtmäßig, ungesetzlich, ungenehmigt, unerlaubt, unberechtigt, unautorisiert, rechtswidrig, nicht erlaubt, kriminell, Illegal, gesetzwidrig, gesetzeswidrig, gegen das Gesetz, ordnungswidrig

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sure!

As the Eskimos have dozens of words for white or snow (I believe I heard that somewhere...), the Germans naturally contrieved a boatload of words to describe the nuances of things that are not allowed, for example disregarding a no-parking sign. ;)

veboten, unzulässig, untersagt, widerrechtlich, unrechtmäßig, ungesetzlich, ungenehmigt, unerlaubt, unberechtigt, unautorisiert, rechtswidrig, nicht erlaubt, kriminell, Illegal, gesetzwidrig, gesetzeswidrig, gegen das Gesetz, ordnungswidrig

von Marwitz
Thanks! I wouldn't want my use of verboten to become platitudinous!😉

Plenty of alternatives now.🤗

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sure!

von Marwitz
I've heard that about their words for snow also. I'm not sure about that but I have heard " don't you eat that yellow snow ". I am sure about that!!😉🤣🤣