Double One 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dear All,

Subject to the UK continuing to follow the road map out of lockdown, we are hoping to run Double One in person over the last weekend in June. More details to follow............

Derek, Gary and Morris

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Dear All,

Subject to the UK continuing to follow the road map out of lockdown, we are hoping to run Double One in person over the last weekend in June. More details to follow............

Derek, Gary and Morris
Subject to further details, I would like to attend :D It will depend on quarantine rules. I will be double-vaxed by then if it makes a difference. Fingers crossed. -- jim

Reactions: DC

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Subject to further details, I would like to attend :D It will depend on quarantine rules. I will be double-vaxed by then if it makes a difference. Fingers crossed. -- jim
UK travel rules effective Monday 17th May are that people arriving from Germany have to quarantine in the place that they are staying in for 10 days after arrival and take 2 CoVid tests......

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
As you might be limiting numbers due to social distancing - I'll put my name down now.

Sign me up to attend please Derek.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Count me in as well please. Already booked my room at the College.

Reactions: DC

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
As you might be limiting numbers due to social distancing - I'll put my name down now.

Sign me up to attend please Derek.
Sorry Joe, we're already full :)

All joking aside (or was I?), we'll be registering people when they return the signed entry forms that will be distributed in the next couple of days, as there are some College CoVid Compliance requirements

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Sorry Joe, we're already full :)

All joking aside (or was I?), we'll be registering people when they return the signed entry forms that will be distributed in the next couple of days, as there are some College CoVid Compliance requirements
As you know Derek I do not use the college accomodation. So I will not be receiving any entry form from them.

Have things changed so that you have to use the accomodation to attend the event?

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
As you know Derek I do not use the college accomodation. So I will not be receiving any entry form from them.

Have things changed so that you have to use the accomodation to attend the event?
No but you'll be receiving an entry form for Double One which you will be required to sign and return if you wish to attend

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Do you anticipate a quarantine for those who have been double vax'd? Here in Germany, if you are two weeks past your second dose, there is no quarantine requirement. I really would like to go to this. I know the current conditions extend to the 24th of June. If things change or I can pull it off, I would like to attend. -- jim

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Derek,

I'll post this here so you do not have to answer the same questions more than once. From your email that you sent out today:

As part of the requirements of attending the college and the tournament, please review and confirm that you will abide by the following:-

1. Before my arrival, I will supply the college with the results of a negative CoVid test taken two days prior to my arrival at the college -
where do you get this please? The NHS is supplying free test kits - is it that ? Or do attendees have to pay someone to do it and get written confirmation?

2. I will wear a mask when moving about the college and in the restaurants and common areas
- no big deal. Presumably OK to sit down and play without a mask because with me wearing glasses they just steam up and would make FTF play uncomfortable.

3. If I develop symptoms whilst at the college, I will immediately self-isolate and inform the college and organisors. I confirm that I will abide by the above requirements. -
no big deal.

If you could clarify points one and two please - many thanks.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Do you anticipate a quarantine for those who have been double vax'd? Here in Germany, if you are two weeks past your second dose, there is no quarantine requirement. I really would like to go to this. I know the current conditions extend to the 24th of June. If things change or I can pull it off, I would like to attend. -- jim
Jim hopefully you will be able to attend. That goes for all who want to go.

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Derek,

I'll post this here so you do not have to answer the same questions more than once. From your email that you sent out today:

As part of the requirements of attending the college and the tournament, please review and confirm that you will abide by the following:-

1. Before my arrival, I will supply the college with the results of a negative CoVid test taken two days prior to my arrival at the college -
where do you get this please? The NHS is supplying free test kits - is it that ? Or do attendees have to pay someone to do it and get written confirmation?

2. I will wear a mask when moving about the college and in the restaurants and common areas - no big deal. Presumably OK to sit down and play without a mask because with me wearing glasses they just steam up and would make FTF play uncomfortable.

3. If I develop symptoms whilst at the college, I will immediately self-isolate and inform the college and organisors. I confirm that I will abide by the above requirements. - no big deal.

If you could clarify points one and two please - many thanks.
Hi Joe

Answers as follows:-

1. Test kits - information about where to obtain the free test kits is included in the document called "Double One 2021 Tournament Information" that was attached to the e-mail. This also confirms where you should send the (hopefully) negative test results
  2. Masks - correct, the wording states "when moving about the college....". An analogy may be drawn with eating in a restaurant when you pop a mask on to go to the loo, bar etc but may remove the mask whilst seated.
Hope this clarifies the position

Derek

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Jim

Looks like the current rules require 14 days quarantine. These rules only become effective from next Monday, 17th May so they might be relaxed further on June 21st when the next UK review takes place BUT. who knows. There is now talk in certain circles that the 21st June may be pushed back a week or two, at which point Double One in person will be a non starter.

Sorry we can't provide any more certainly at present

Best wishes

Derek

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Derek,

Apologies but this article appeared in the Guardian:

which states:

"with about 40% of test results delivered within 24 hours, well below the government’s targets."

What happens if I send out the test and it does not come back in time? Is it OK to turn up and get somebody back home to forward the test result? I suspect the answer is no but just in case...............

Many thanks for the help.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
What happens if I send out the test and it does not come back in time? Is it OK to turn up and get somebody back home to forward the test result? I suspect the answer is no but just in case...............
Can you receive the test result on your mobile?

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Can you receive the test result on your mobile?
No need, the tests are the ones you do at home and you get the results within 30 minutes. It's a bit like a pregnancy test, save for the source of the human liquid........

DC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Derek,

Apologies but this article appeared in the Guardian:

which states:

"with about 40% of test results delivered within 24 hours, well below the government’s targets."

Many thanks for the help.
Joe

I'm not aware the Guardian is organising Double One. Have you looked at the website link included in the tournament pack? This explains how you order the free test kits. I ordered mine on Sunday and they arrived Tuesday. These are home test kits and you get the results in half an hour. Bit like a pregnancy kit, although the source of the liquid is slightly different......

Derek

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ah - I thought you had to send the things away to a lab. Things must have moved on since that NAO report.

To be honest I stopped caring about the virus measures / news about November of last year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.