Would you rather be lucky or good?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Meh, if I ever get rid of it, I'll do the responsible thing and recycle it all. -- jim
Oh, recycling is so very responsible.
More responsible is to keep it in use - so I'll still take your kit.
Yet more responsible to keep it in use without shipping it around - this means for you: Carry on, soldier!

😁

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
More responsible is to keep it in use - so I'll still take your kit.
Happiness for me is to see you suffer. I will send a vid of it going into the recycling bin if you wish. I mean, I would have to ship it to you at your cost and we all know your position on USPS prices. -- jim

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Happiness for me is to see you suffer. I will send a vid of it going into the recycling bin if you wish. -- jim
All right. Make me suffer and send the video.

But you can top that:
I'll also suffer the video of your attempts desparately trying to get together your new kit when you want to get back to the friggin' game after a while. That's some serious burning of money.

Well, you shouldn't be burning money. It is more responsible to keep it in use.
Thinking about it: I'll take your money. It is the responsible thing to do.

😜

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I'll also suffer the video of your attempts desparately trying to get together your new kit when you want to get back to the friggin' game after a while. That's some serious burning of money.
With VASL and eASLRB, and all my scenarios scanned, I would never have to buy it all back. I am smarter than that ;) -- jim

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I consider myself very lucky to be mentally and physically able to play ASL, FTF and/or on VASL.

The fact that some subset of dice ( dicebot) rolls on the normal curve of 36 combinations of two dice occurs is just part, parcel and joy of the game.

Backgammon is a skill game, any one game similarly affected by two dice combos. I did well in the backgammon gambling clubs of the last century. That is until I faced off against the best players, who in turn did well until they faced off against the world champ artifical intelligence computer program.

If you play enough of either game, the luck factor evens out. Thinking otherwise is a waste of energy and probably paranoia or ego deflection.

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
Gary played a game based almost entirely on skill. He controlled nearly everything (ball, clubs, address, grip, shot shape, etc). All those things he couldn't control (weather, course conditions, hole placement, etc) could be accounted for by proper application of skill. Nothing controls the dice. In ASL, it's possible to do EVERYTHING correct, the most skillful thing imaginable, and the dice will still SCREW you over. You can eek out all the DRM's you want, work your ass off to get to a position for just the shot you set up, and then dice. There is nothing you can do there, and if you are, you're cheating. No one said to Gary Player that hitting the ball 10 yards to the left to avoid the sand trap is illegal. In ASL, there is no "left" of the dice.

For me, that's the thing I hate the most about ASL. Doing everything right and then being fucked by dice. Of course, you can do everything wrong and be bailed out by dice, and I hate that even more. No lesson learned when the dice bail you out. The wrong lessons are learned when they fuck you over. -- jim
That's why I always carry my 4 lb club hammer; when the dice fuck me over, I fuck them.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
That's why I always carry my 4 lb club hammer; when the dice fuck me over, I fuck them.
Too quick for my taste. The plastic is flammable. I like to think I can hear them scream. -- jim (not really, I never abuse dice. I think it would make the people around me uncomfortable)

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Too quick for my taste. The plastic is flammable. I like to think I can hear them scream. -- jim (no really, I never abuse dice. I think it would make the people around me uncomfortable)
Twere well it was done quickly. 😥

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
If you play enough of either game, the luck factor evens out. Thinking otherwise is a waste of energy and probably paranoia or ego deflection.
I don’t think you are wrong, but in certain moments all this rationale and logic goes straight into the bin.... see the attached screenshots from this morning game .... I was the “read” one .... 😂😂 17697

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah, yes "Old Yeller". That film screwed up a lot of kids bitd. 'They shot the dog?!?'