Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep, I'm just showing examples of what's in the LFT RR Toolkit that is now in Steve's hot little hands. Wasn't showing EVERYTHING, of course ;-) but did want to show off some goodies. And yeah, those RR Tunnel entrances need a bit of work. This first version is mainly to get something to Steve so he can work directly with VASL.

So far, it's a pretty good set of options. All implemented via Big Al's VASL Overlay extension, so you can drag-and-drop them onto the board:
View attachment 17551

And of course there's a PDF of them too, for printing in hardcopy.

So if somebody's got a RR scenario in mind but hasn't been able to flesh it out due to the limited RR overlays available to date, ping Steve Swann and see if you can get on the train ;-)

Please.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
MMP should make their own virtual gaming platform. They could set it up with their own lobby and have downloadable mods for it, everything purchased as a plugin with stats for wins/losses, looking for game section, saved games in progress, etc. This would be the right time to start working on something like that IMO. Charge a monthly fee to be on the server too...
It should not.

I hate the business model in which you have to pay for every plugin and to pay monthly fees.
If MMP would do such thing, it would be dead to me without looking back.

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"No way, Oddball. I've been thinking good thoughts about that bridge ever since we left!" - Moriarty

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Mmmm... We will need system counters "RR Tunnel" for the personnel inside the tunnel...
Good suggestion.
I never thought about that.
Temporary place MMC Under cave counters for testing.
I have not started on Overlay rules yet... needed overlays first.
Any other suggestions
please make them.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There might also be some in the Future Ortona HASL ??
"Tunnel" rather than "Road Tunnel", although since there is no Sewer movement, one could use "Sewer" counters, as we are in the playtest.

phlegm027

Reaction score
There is a "Road Tunnel" counter in Dinant, according to its rules.
There is indeed a Road Tunnelln the Dinant South map near the bottom above the South Reentrant. Three RR underpass exist on the North map near the river.
17599 Road Tunnel Dinant

Attachments

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Finally managed to complete my AAR of Leatherneck II - #1 Airfield Fracas which can be found here.

It was an incredibly tense game that played out entirely different than expected and came down to the last APh.

I still need to write up two full AARs for other scenarios before having caught up again with my play...

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Just finished another AAR of a recent game: FT168 By Dawn's Early Light, which can be found here.

This is a short 4 Turn action set in the Battle of the Bulge with simultaneous setup and a dr determining which side moves first. Given the short timeframe, this may make it dicy business.

Whatever the case, our playing was tense and fun and came down to the last CC DR.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have just finished my AAR for SP246 Triggerline Zoebel, which presents an unusual tactical situation of a crossing of the water obstacle via a Pontoon Brigde which is only completed during Turn 2 and two Footbridges. On the enemy side, lots of Open Ground is a challenge to cross.

The full AAR to this game, which came down to the last CCPh, can be found here.

After more than two weeks, my AARs have now caught up again with my playing and I can set myself again to preparing new games.

von Marwitz