Rubbled Rowhouse question

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If a rowhouse is rubbled at ground level but the hex sharing the black bar is NOT rubbled can a level 1 unit "behind" the black bar see ANYTHING through the black bar?

i.e. does the black bar still exist at level 1 even though the other side level 1 DOES NOT EXIST?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
B23.71:
"Rubble has no effect on this black bar unless both hexes formed by that hexside are rubbled, in which case it ceases to exists."

Black bar is still there to block LOS.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here’s a similar question I have. Say there is a row house and one hex is rubbled, what is the cost to either advance or move through the ‘rubble vortex’? In other words, I want to advance or move around the black bar hexside.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have to pay the extra MF to go around the black bar, so 3MF to enter the building hex and 4MF to enter the rubble hex.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have to pay the extra MF to go around the black bar, so 3MF to enter the building hex and 4MF to enter the rubble hex.
If you get shot at in the vortex while you are moving do you get the rubble +3 or is it -2, big difference.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The same as any other rowhouse, it ca be -2 for some cases for shots at the vertex.

Shots at the vortex at +10 due to the wind.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Here’s a similar question I have. Say there is a row house and one hex is rubbled, what is the cost to either advance or move through the ‘rubble vortex’? In other words, I want to advance or move around the black bar hexside.
Since only one hex is now a rowhouse hex - I don't think you need to "bypass" around the black bar anymore. There might be a Q&A on this.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If both sides are rubble the wall disappears.
Yes...but even when only one hex is rubbled - one is not moving from one rowhouse hex to another rowhouse hex anymore....I know this has come up before, and as stated above, there might be a Q&A on it...thought that Q&A might have been about a mine attack.....

...or I could just be remembering wrong. :)

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes...but even when only one hex is rubbled - one is not moving from one rowhouse hex to another rowhouse hex anymore....I know this has come up before, and as stated above, there might be a Q&A on it...thought that Q&A might have been about a mine attack.....

...or I could just be remembering wrong. :)
Ok, semantics. Not my strong suit.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since it is bypassing the black bar in the hex it is leaving and unless the both rowhouse sides of a black bar would have to be rubbled to cause its elimination, I think the additional MF(s) to bypass the black bar in its current rowhouse hex would have to be paid.
  • Rubble has no effect on this black bar unless both hexes formed by that hexside are rubbled, in which case it ceases to exist. Infantry in a Rowhouse may move/rout/advance/Withdraw-from-CC directly into another Rowhouse hex of the same building only at the ground or Rooftop (23.8) level; if at the ground level they must specify which side of the building they are "bypassing". Such units moving/routing on the ground level expend three MF (one to "bypass" in the hex it is leaving ...

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The same as any other rowhouse, it ca be -2 for some cases for shots at the vertex.

Shots at the vortex at +10 due to the wind.
Thanks for trying to explain. I need it to be stupid proof, crystal clear. Is the attack at the vortex a +3 or a -2 ?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for trying to explain. I need it to be stupid proof, crystal clear. Is the attack at the vortex a +3 or a -2 ?
Since you are bypassing the black bar in the hex you're leaving, if otherwise unhindered the shot would be a -2.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since you are bypassing the black bar in the hex you're leaving, if otherwise unhindered the shot would be a -2.
So, if I go around the black bar from a rubble to the building it’s +3 and if I go from building to rubble the vortex is -2.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, if I go around the black bar from a rubble to the building it’s +3 and if I go from building to rubble the vortex is -2.
Pretty much how I see it given the rule. A lot easier to get "blown away" if leaving the building.;)

Den589

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Below is a copy of the old thread/Perry Sez that Klas was referring too above; on the movement aspect of this question. No bypass, just directly moving from rubble to rowhouse and vice-versa. So no -2 shot. This still doesn't answer Steve's original question though about LOS on Level 1 with a rubbled adjacent rowhouse. I believe me and Steve came to the conclusion that the LOS is blocked since even at the ground level LOS is still blocked by the black bar, but we were just trying to confirm with the masses.

I had asked Perry about this when play testing Operation Turnscrew for Dispatches (so the hex example is from the map).

Perry Sez:

3 & 2 since "bypass"is not involved.

....Perry

MMP

> From: Thomas Morin <tmorin2454@gmail.com <mailto:tmorin2454@gmail.com>>
> Date: March 20, 2017 at 5:20:13 PM EDT
> To: Perry Cocke
> Subject: Re: A to Q about rubbled Row House "bypass" question
>
> Perry,
>
> Please see the Example below.
>
> Inline image 1
>
> The U19/V18 Black Bar hexside still exists per B23.71.
>
> Movement/Advance/Rout is allowed directly from V18 to U19 for a cost
> of 3MF or 4MF (due to black bar 'bypass')?
>
> Movement/Advance/Rout is allowed directly from U19 to V18 for a cost
> of 2MF or 3MF (due to black bar 'bypass')?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
example.png

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018

Like Reply